JTS construction webcam?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I can't quite tell what they are doing in the SE lower bowl. Are they going to cover the pump, or not?
attachment.php

By the way the framing is going, it looks like they may cover the pump with landscaping, not seats.

It looks like the height of the beam is higher that the old pump structure so it should be covered by seats. Or maybe not.

JMO, the pump structure will be covered by seats. Otherwise, the ticket office would have relocated the early SEZ season ticket buyers before the current relocation/upgrade program and removed the seats as an option.

Yes they are covering the pump. If they were not, why would they have a crawl space from the field to the pump?

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Yes they are covering the pump. If they were not, why would they have a crawl space from the field to the pump?

I'm not sure that's a crawlspace, or at least specific to the pump. If you watch the Sukup video on the jacktricestadium.com website, you can see clips where they did something similar to the west side. 2:01 and 3:07 mark

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
I'm not sure that's a crawlspace, or at least specific to the pump. If you watch the Sukup video on the jacktricestadium.com website, you can see clips where they did something similar to the west side. 2:01 and 3:07 mark
Thanks for finding those views. Yeah, I agree that it probably isn't a crawlspace to access the pump. The pump (storm lift station) has access at the top only.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If you look at the 3:45 you can clearly see that the pump station is higher than the existing seats so I would think they would have to cut that down a bit in order to get seats on top of it.
Either that or they chose aluminum so they could just jump up and down on that section and "make it fit".

I should also add that at 2:53 the view of the field from the new upper deck is a pretty good view.

Last edited:

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
If you look at the 3:45 you can clearly see that the pump station is higher than the existing seats so I would think they would have to cut that down a bit in order to get seats on top of it.
Either that or they chose aluminum so they could just jump up and down on that section and "make it fit".

I should also add that at 2:53 the view of the field from the new upper deck is a pretty good view.

Yes it does look like it. But it's also taken from the balcony on the Jake. So I wonder if it's a bit of optical trickery due to perspective.

We'll find out soon enough.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Please link to this video. I went back 50 posts and didn't find it. Thanks.

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
I emailed the athletic dept about the lower SE seating near the pump/lift station. Got a reply from Chris Jorgensen "Seating will be going in the area you reference. As I’m sure you can appreciate, there are & were a number of factors causing a change in how this area of construction looks versus the same area on the SW corner, but ultimately we will end up with a continuous lower bowl of seating as per the renderings and ticket map. Thanks for your interest in the project."

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I emailed the athletic dept about the lower SE seating near the pump/lift station. Got a reply from Chris Jorgensen "Seating will be going in the area you reference. As I’m sure you can appreciate, there are & were a number of factors causing a change in how this area of construction looks versus the same area on the SW corner, but ultimately we will end up with a continuous lower bowl of seating as per the renderings and ticket map. Thanks for your interest in the project."

Good work. Two thumbs up!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Would any other school respond to emails like ISU does? Seriously.
I emailed JP once on a weekend (who hasn't), and he responded a few days later on Thanksgiving day. Sorry to ruin your bird nap JP!

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Would any other school respond to emails like ISU does? Seriously.
I emailed JP once on a weekend (who hasn't), and he responded a few days later on Thanksgiving day. Sorry to ruin your bird nap JP!
May be a few schools out there that do but I'm guessing there are not many. Especially in the "Power 5" conferences.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
People really thought we were just gonna leave an open space between bleachers for a water pump? come on CF...

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO

Official word from the Athletic Department: "The old field pump station will be decommissioned and that area will be covered with seats. The finished views and ticket selection maps are accurate in showing seats in that area."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron