JP tweet re:grass lots Sat

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I keep thinking now that they have their parking garage, St. Thomas Aquinas should charge people to park there on the morning games since they would be gone by Mass time.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Season opener for UNI a few years back the grass lots were closed. Parked at Kmart and walked. Had done that before but not with a 3 and 1 year old. Won't do that again

Was this 2009? It rained all night and most of the morning. If it weren't for that rain i wouldn't own the tent I bought that morning. Wasnt going to let some rain ruin a bachelor party. We made it into the grass lot south of The Jack before it was closed.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I keep thinking now that they have their parking garage, St. Thomas Aquinas should charge people to park there on the morning games since they would be gone by Mass time.

There could still be weddings. I know, sacrilege to get married on a home football weekend.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
And I appear to have screwed myself. I won't be able to get there until 9:30 or 10 so I gave my pass to my folks for one of their friends. Thought was I'd still be able to get in a grass lot and walk to our tailgate. Hope they are open!!!

Park on campus. All of the reserved (red) and gen staff (yellow) lots are open on weekends. Metered spaces in those lots are 24/7 and you can't load up the meters, so if you park in those you'll get a ticket.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
South side. Was there all 3 days including today. Tuesday had to drive through multiple areas of standing water and entire area was mud and could only move in 4 wheel drive. Countless people with front wheel drive vehicles stuck in mud on Tuesday. Yesterday wasn't as bad but there was still lots of mud and standing water in the south lots. Today was an absolute mess and part of reason why it was cancelled today.

North the lots weren't in too bad of shape yesterday as they didn't get a lot of use on Tuesday.

Wow, I guess I got lucky, I usually park on the South side but for no particular reason I went North this year.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Damn my dyslexia! I thought this thread was titled "JP tweet re: lotsa grass Sat"

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
G6 should be fine, technically gravel. G7 if closed I believe they usually take a portion of the public parking by Hilton and use that as the alternate G7 donor spaces. Not the same, but will keep you closer than where'd you be otherwise.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
G6 should be fine, technically gravel. G7 if closed I believe they usually take a portion of the public parking by Hilton and use that as the alternate G7 donor spaces. Not the same, but will keep you closer than where'd you be otherwise.

Why couldn't they at the very least put G7 in Vet Med. Sure, its not near as close, but its something.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Beacuse 'its not near as close' would be my guess. I could be wrong, but in the past I believe this is what happened.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Park at the Hy-Vee in West Ames. Hop on CyRide ($1.25) red route. ~12 minutes to the corner of Lincoln Way and Beach.

Or, ~18 minutes from North Grand Mall to Lincoln Way/Beach.

ST84LIFE

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2010
Now that its pouring again in Ames, I'm not expecting good news tomorrow.

schlepp571

Dec 21, 2013
Ames
It's raining like a cow ******* on a flat rock right now. I live 100 yards from vet med. Luck to all of the grass tailgaters hoping for grass lots.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Was this 2009? It rained all night and most of the morning. If it weren't for that rain i wouldn't own the tent I bought that morning. Wasnt going to let some rain ruin a bachelor party. We made it into the grass lot south of The Jack before it was closed.

Since we played (and beat) NDSU in 2009, I don't think we played UNI that year as well.