Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
From what I've read, it sounds like this kid likes ISU and ISU likes him, so there's no reason in the world we can't land a local kid that likes us.

If not, it's our fault.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
From what I've read, it sounds like this kid likes ISU and ISU likes him, so there's no reason in the world we can't land a local kid that likes us.

If not, it's our fault.
I agree. If there is ever a moment that Iowa State should be having success signing the top HS talent in the state, it is right now

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I thought someone on here posted a while back that Iowa pulled their offer. Was that just a bunch of bunk?

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
Releases his jump shot a little low. Is going to need to work on that and model his game more like Durant. Also needs to learn to jump higher and model his game after Durant in the aspect as well.

Bigzilly12

Jun 14, 2014
I would love to see this kid in red and gold! I have a feeling this upcoming junior year Kansas will contact him a lot more and try to use his bill self ways to get myles I guess we will have to wait and see how this all goes

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I would love to see this kid in red and gold! I have a feeling this upcoming junior year Kansas will contact him a lot more and try to use his bill self ways to get myles I guess we will have to wait and see how this all goes

Its cardinal & gold there Noob

BlackHawk

Sep 30, 2010
I thought someone on here posted a while back that Iowa pulled their offer. Was that just a bunch of bunk?

I don't think they pulled it. Just don't think Myles is all that interested in Iowa. Could be a coping mechanism for Hawk fans who maybe see the writing on the wall and want to feel better about not getting him.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Releases his jump shot a little low. Is going to need to work on that and model his game more like Durant. Also needs to learn to jump higher and model his game after Durant in the aspect as well.

I think we have a coach that can help him with that...

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
I think we need to start landing at least 1 Iowan every 1-2 years. Obviously that doesn't mean take sub-par guys, but this state has averages a legit player or two every year. Unfortunately, recently they've all chosen Iowa or other programs.

It's hard enough to recruit against teams like Baylor and KU, but when you write off your entire state in recruiting, it makes it that much harder.

I feel like Jok this year was worth taking a shot with.

To be blunt, ISU is competing with the KU's of the world, not Iowa. ISU needs the best talent it can get, not Iowans because they are Iowans. If they can compete at the top 10 level, fine, otherwise ISU can do better. We don't have to worry about Iowa, ISU has to worry about KU.