Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Most likely character issues from what I've read.

That's funny. Iowa is worried about a 15 or 16 year olds character issues?

Hawk fans are getting their excuse list ready.

One version is Iowa pulled their offer. The likely version is they offered and he said lol, no.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, Myles is a recruit of the quality that Iowa was never the one to worry about. Hopefully we can get him locked in before he gets offers from the KU types.

I mean, the kid is pretty obviously at the least an ISU fan. I haven't seen a thread about him without a personal anecdote about him wearing ISU gear or a story about him telling people that he would probably be going to ISU.

Would that keep him from a blue blood? I'm not sure, but I think it pretty much eliminates Iowa from consideration. A lot like Woodbury for Iowa. (Although let's hope if he comes here he is a lot better than Woodbury)

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I mean, the kid is pretty obviously at the least an ISU fan. I haven't seen a thread about him without a personal anecdote about him wearing ISU gear or a story about him telling people that he would probably be going to ISU.

Would that keep him from a blue blood? I'm not sure, but I think it pretty much eliminates Iowa from consideration. A lot like Woodbury for Iowa. (Although let's hope if he comes here he is a lot better than Woodbury)

Hopefully he has less acne than Woodbury also

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Is he 40? The dude is completely bald. Either way, he looks like a solid recruit. If he's only a sophomore, he's probably going to grow more and has a big enough frame to add 20 pounds or so of muscle.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
The story of Iowa pulling the offer is BS. Even if Iowa doesn't think he's going to go there they wouldn't pull the offer, there is no reason to. What's the benefit? As far as I know you can have unlimited offers out there, it's just a matter of who fills them first.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Most likely character issues from what I've read.

Fran McCaffery: The moral compus of college basketball.

You keep recruiting your high character guys...that just so happen to not be able to defend and can't seem to hit an open jumpshot. Also, you sure hear more about character and chemistry issues coming out of Iowa's team of wholesome churchgoers than our team of thugs...

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
In a year or so when the rankings are more reliable he's rumored to be a top 25 recruit isn't he? Looks like a Fred type of guard. Should be top priority for 2016 I'm thinking. And looks like there is strong interest from both parties.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I dunno why, but for some reason Jerry Myles just sounds like a TarHeel name. I have heard that this kid has a bit of an attitude problem, but the bottom line is that he can play some round ball. If he comes to ISU, Freddy will get his tude under control.

Saying crap like that just fuels rumors. Give a source or details or don't say anything at all. What kid doesn't have an attitude when they are 15-16-17 years old?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I think I'm going to have to join the Birther Movement for a moment here. Can we see the credentials (birth certificate) on this kid? Class of 2016? Is he coming up from the Latin American Little League circuit by way of Davenport?

He looks stellar, but he's gotta be at least 20 yrs old right now.

Last edited:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Saying crap like that just fuels rumors. Give a source or details or don't say anything at all. What kid doesn't have an attitude when they are 15-16-17 years old?

Ya, it's silly to worry about attitude issues from a 15 y/o, considering we've taken guys with "attitude problems" such as Royce, Allen, Lucious and Kane, who were all much older and look how they turned out.

I did some pretty foolish things when I was 15-16. Thank God, the internet wasn't around to judge me.

MayorsAge

Mar 24, 2014
He looks like he could be a matchup problem just like DeAndre was. Quick, handles, pretty decent stroke and can get to the rim. Want

Last edited:

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
i dont think iowa has pulled their offer, nor has Myles said he isnt considering iowa.

i do think that myles is a gamble for either school.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I dunno why, but for some reason Jerry Myles just sounds like a TarHeel name.
I have heard that this kid has a bit of an attitude problem, but the bottom line is that he can play some round ball. If he comes to ISU, Freddy will get his tude under control.

What the heck does that even mean?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Fred is Phil Jackson 2.0, he can get anybody to buy in. Get the commitment and let it all shake out