Jeremiah Cooper NIL representation

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The jump to conclusions may has been found!
Huh? When did I say Cooper was leaving? I am just talking in general every year this is going to be a thing and if Cooper or any athlete for that matter does anything like this that could or could not lead to anything NIL-related as it pertains to switching schools that’s just the way it is.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I often wonder if people would feel differently about NIL if say ISU had Georgia’s budget and could target any roster need with a blank check.

Personally I would, but to each their own. I'm just not in love with the whole thing at all.

Reactions: simply1

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Personally I would, but to each their own. I'm just not in love with the whole thing at all.
Got an idea for you @NWICY.

You are pretty generous giving extra tickets away when you aren’t using them. I know you have helped me out.

Consider giving the tickets away and if the beneficiary wishes, they can consider a gift to We Will. Not necessary but if they wish they can support.

Again, thanks for the tickets you have provide.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Huh? When did I say Cooper was leaving? I am just talking in general every year this is going to be a thing and if Cooper or any athlete for that matter does anything like this that could or could not lead to anything NIL-related as it pertains to switching schools that’s just the way it is.
It’s not just you. We quickly went from a guy posting a fairly innocent thing to people talking about guys leaving and there’s nothing we can do about it. Just doesn’t make sense to go there to me. Just continue going about your day…or donate to the collective and go about your day in my opinion. Seems to almost not even be newsworthy.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
It’s not just you. We quickly went from a guy posting a fairly innocent thing to people talking about guys leaving and there’s nothing we can do about it. Just doesn’t make sense to go there to me. Just continue going about your day…or donate to the collective and go about your day in my opinion. Seems to almost not even be newsworthy.
Timing is what’s interesting for me. I suppose now is when the nil deals in house are made as well

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
End of the day those that want to be Cyclones are going to be Cyclones. Pollard has said before ISU is not the place for those only looking to make a buck. We want to have guys that are all in ISU and hopefully can take care of them on top of it.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Craig McDonald says following NIL money doesn’t always work out the way you want.

Played in 2 games at Auburn in 2022. Transferring to Minnesota for 2023. Had to appeal to NCAA to be able to transfer again. Evidently sitting on the bench is not preferable to the money. And maybe there was no money for 2023 since he rode the bench in 2022. Auburn was not the best decision evidently.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
We need a hard salary cap like the NFL. Parity would be great for the sport.

Transfer portal needs to compensate the teams for losing a player like the transfer market in European Soccer. Pay for the right to take a player and then figure out a salary after that.

Just have them sit out a year if they transfer, that alone would reduce it. Who is gonna pay a player to sit?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Nick Saban has already gripes about it. Much easier when they could do it under the table and have the NCAA turn a blind eye

And if they start losing depth because players will want to just play for a little less NIL somewhere else we'll see an about face on policy.

If they can get Ohio State in the 2020 CFP, they can find a way for this stuff.

CDN_Tailgater

Apr 11, 2006
NCAA was greedy for years probably could of shared more of the pie with athletes. Then Ed O'bannon came along and we are in the mess we are today.

Reactions: CyState85

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
And at least then have a salary cap or something

That still wouldn’t stop NIL payments though. Pro athletes can still go out on their own and sell their likeness or sponsor products outside of their pro contract.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron