Javan Johnson transferring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019

Interesting timing

My guess is after summer workouts the writing may have been on the wall for Javan in regards to playing time? Then the timing is to get out ahead of a season spent on the bench perhaps? Hopefully he lands on his feet at another school.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Wish him the best, no ill will for a good kid looking out for his interests. Wasn’t going to contribute much here so might as well jump before wasting another year.
good to see it was a playing time/contribution issue. Should mean good things for the team.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Wish him well but he was the Jeff Beverly type galaxy brained reach that was part of the prohm years. Jump up several levels and then expect him to magically improve in every statistical category.

Reactions: Halincandenza

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Not a surprise, probably an indicator of where he would have been in the rotation, wish him the best, he had a couple really nice games but he's just missing something...

Reactions: Bardman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Javian always seemed like a good teammate and has some flashes of skill. Hopefully he can find a place to finish his career where he can use them and get minutes. Only a bit odd due to the timing but he must have realized his likely going to have limited minutes in Ames. Good Luck on your next stop, JJ.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah and JVAR

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Me too.

I did not like his game.. good luck out there

Johnson was a guy who would often get decent numbers but did so in a tremendously inefficient manner. Even the shots he made were tough, contested jumpers.

I will always remember the pre-season "Javan Johnson has NBA player potential" era fondly.

• Funny
Reactions: Bardman and Messi