Jacob Park Update/Controversy

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Awwww yeah.

That gif with the white bandana, shades and huge cross let us all know what we were in for that night.

**** Texas and repeating but their version of WRNL's post-game article about him was amazing stuff.

I remember seeing that in the bar before the game and I told my friends that this was either his Heisman coming out party or the end of an era. You can't wear that and be average. It just doesn't happen.

Reactions: cyclone1209

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Looks like Park has been playing in a semi-pro league that has a really awful looking website...

Here's a recent game recap, Park with 3 TD passes and 2 rushing TDs. (Side note, the opponent's team nickname, Venom, is top-notch)

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It kind of makes you wonder what Campbell saw in him. He talks all the time about players fitting in the culture yet somehow Park was on the team and could have singlehandedly prevented ISU's rise in the CFB scene.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
It kind of makes you wonder what Campbell saw in him. He talks all the time about players fitting in the culture yet somehow Park was on the team and could have singlehandedly prevented ISU's rise in the CFB scene.

Joe Scates has similar traits. But Campbell believes in him. I'm guessing they saw a kid who had 100x the talent then was currently in the locker room and took a flyer

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Park may have been an exception. He was a flyer pursued by Scott Golesh back when we were making offers all over the place. It might have caught them off-guard that Park took their offer. Park paid his dues during his sit-out season. I remember him and Hakeem Butler being together at a Fan Fest throwing passes to kids. Generally speaking, he seemed to have behaved himself . . . until he didn't.

Reactions: NWICY and BACyclone

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Park may have been an exception. He was a flyer pursued by Scott Golesh back when we were making offers all over the place. It might have caught them off-guard that Park took their offer. Park paid his dues during his sit-out season. I remember him and Hakeem Butler being together at a Fan Fest throwing passes to kids. Generally speaking, he seemed to have behaved himself . . . until he didn't.
Everything seemed to be going well with the kid but when that train went off the tracks it was one of the most spectacular disasters in recent memory.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Alex Golesh. Oddly yesterday I saw that he is now the O-Coordinator at Tennessee.

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
While the end of Park at ISU was frustrating, I'll always give him credit for his role in helping to set up one of the greatest all-time Iowa State games.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Was he actually misbehaved? The only bad thing he ever did was smoked pot, wasn’t it? I mean, the dude had some mental health problems he needed to step away and take care of, but I’m not going to call that “misbehaved.”

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Here's a recent game recap, Park with 3 TD passes and 2 rushing TDs. (Side note, the opponent's team nickname, Venom, is top-notch)

I think he needs a few more tats on his belly.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I’d bet dollars to donuts that Campbell wouldn’t recruit Park today.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Was he actually misbehaved? The only bad thing he ever did was smoked pot, wasn’t it? I mean, the dude had some mental health problems he needed to step away and take care of, but I’m not going to call that “misbehaved.”
He got into it with Campbell on TV. There had to be more to the story. CMC can be a fiery dude but he loves his guys.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I think maybe misbehaved in that he was high and unproductive in a game.