Jacob Park Update/Controversy

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I don’t disagree. I think Jaquan more than made up for that in his career. If we win that game, I don’t think Oklahoma happens a week later though.
No doubt. He was young and on that play his emotions go the best of him. Those same emotions(and athletic ability) turned him into the great person and player he is today so I'm not putting the loss on him.
I do put the loss on the penalty and circumstances around it more than I put it on the helmet logo. The helmet logo that many on here still blame the loss on...

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
Weed was an issue if you are still flunking tests and you know when the tests are coming (spoiler alert: the starters probably do, across all programs I’ve heard)
Ummmm I wasn’t a athlete in college at Iowa State and it was a long time ago when I was in college now but I knew when a good amount of the test were going to be considering you had a syllabus for each class that laid out the semester. Not a whole lot of surprise test from what I remember.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
It's a semipro league. Why would you laugh? I can't imagine those teams are rolling around in money; I wouldn't expect their website to look like it belongs to an NFL team.

it doesn’t take much to take a nice individual picture these days.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No doubt. He was young and on that play his emotions go the best of him. Those same emotions(and athletic ability) turned him into the great person and player he is today so I'm not putting the loss on him.
I do put the loss on the penalty and circumstances around it more than I put it on the helmet logo. The helmet logo that many on here still blame the loss on...

That loss was because of bad QB play...I'd say some questionable play calling but maybe JP also just didn't listen to advice.

Oh, well. Part of the growth.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Ummmm I wasn’t a athlete in college at Iowa State and it was a long time ago when I was in college now but I knew when a good amount of the test were going to be considering you had a syllabus for each class that laid out the semester. Not a whole lot of surprise test from what I remember.
I think he’s talking about drug tests which are supposed to be randomized.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I don’t disagree. I think Jaquan more than made up for that in his career. If we win that game, I don’t think Oklahoma happens a week later though.
And who knows, we might have gotten stuck with those gawd-awful upside down emoje helmet stickers!

Reactions: JM4CY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Neither the left nor the right has exclusivity on this tactic. But let's leave politics out of this thread.
I wish I could get into that for a day.
Clearly high as balls, that one.

gal-dancing-as-ww-gif.gif
Clearly ready for her next job interview?

LeviRStev

Sep 8, 2020
That settles it. We need another WRNL QB interview!

Get on it @LeviRStev

Just given how Jacob left and the various (and somewhat uncertain) circumstances around how he left, I'm leaning towards not really wanting to invite him on. Not because I have anything against him personally, but his legacy isn't really a positive one. I don't want to ask him any questions about anything that happened with him, and I wouldn't want to put him in that position. Beyond that, all he'd really be able to talk about is what largely amounts an incredible talent that didn't come anywhere close to realizing his potential.