Jacob Park Update/Controversy

CyState85

May 8, 2019
This past weekend, Jacob Park and the Missouri Southern State football team routed Northeastern State 86-7. Park had 8 touchdowns on the day (5 passing, 3 rushing). The game was surrounded with a bit of controversy as Park threw his final touchdown, a 43 yard strike, with 2:47 left in the 4th quarter while up 80-7. Many felt it was poor taste for Park to be in the game little own throwing the ball up by such a wide margin. Missouri Southern State is coached by Jeff Sims of “Last Chance U fame.” He was negatively portrayed while coaching the Garden City Community College football team on the last season of the show.

What is your take on having Park in the game and throwing the ball up 80-7? Is it running it up or just part of the game?

Couple interesting notes—-Northeastern State scores their touchdown on a blocked field goal return. Also, Park has 20 INT’s in 8 games.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
20 pics in 8 game? They weren't running up the score, they were trying to get Northeastern's defense in to the game, since their offense was non-existent.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Ironically, Purdys pick 6 against the Pokes reminded me A LOT of Parks pick 6 in the Iowa game 2 years ago. That said, boy have we come a long way in QB play. Love Purdy. Park, I wish him the best, but don't miss him.

• Winner
Reactions: Cycho1 and Snydes

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ironically, Purdys pick 6 against the Pokes reminded me A LOT of Parks pick 6 in the Iowa game 2 years ago. That said, boy have we come a long way in QB play. Love Purdy. Park, I wish him the best, but don't miss him.

I don't remember that pick 6.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

I don't think Park threw a pick 6 against Iowa.