Izaiah Brockington commits

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Apologize if this has already been covered, but does anybody know if he’s related to John Brockington who was a pretty good RB for the Packers?
Don’t think so. I did find an old article about Izaiah’s dad, Antoine:

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah and Acylum

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
No, I don’t. Not at all.

I clearly remember, however, people being mad at how T.J. apparently chose not to recruit the kid—by (according to the kid) not having the simple courtesy of calling to say he was pulling the offer.

To be fair, apparently you aren’t the only person who...misremembers that.

Did we ever get an explanation on that from T.J.’s side, BTW?
No because coaches can't talk about recruits.
Psst. They can after they sign—including somewhere else.
Water under the bridge now. I thought the word we we were getting from TJ's office at the the time was that the recruit, Nunn was indeed contacted by JRob. That was good enough for me. It kind of blew up from there.

Great point that our coaching staff or Coach couldn't talk about it at the time, can't talk about recruits.

If we/ they can talk about it now, well OK, but best let sleeping dogs lie, I suppose. I'm sure the coaching staff has contacted the Flint connections and given them their reasons.

Maybe it will be a good question for Randy Pete during the next press conference? I wouldn't put it past him.

Last edited:

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Congratulations.

How doesn’t it? We “can’t recruit Minnesota because of how close knit their AAU is”.

Literally the same thing you’re claiming about Flint.

Nice try.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Psst. They can after they sign—including somewhere else.
Sure they can, but what is to be gained by picking at a scab that long after it all went down? Any coach that would do that would just come across looking like a fool, an a**h*** or possibly even both. Either it needs to be addressed right away - which they can't - or not at all. I thought that part was obvious enough that it didn't need to be spelled out.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Pro Tip- if you’re gonna use the 30 year old “Not!” thing you might not want to be calling out “Boomer Prudes”.

1620386790570.png

Pro tip: it's more difficult than you'd think to find a good Wayne's World 'not!' gif/meme.

As if!

Reactions: Acylum

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Conditt and Foster will be the primary post players. If foul trouble happens you can plug in Jones if you need more size. Or play Kunc at the 5 if you are facing a 5 out team.

I really like that practices could be really challenging for players at all levels. Jared and Chris touched on this in their Brockington reaction podcast.

Hunter - get the Kane and Morris treatment and have Kalscheur and Brockington get into him
Jaz, Enaruna, Hinson and Johnson can all battle against each other
Jone sand Conditt can battle or be pulled out to the wing by Foster and work on their perimiter P&R defense

Lots of flexibility with the 2021/22 roster. It's now on the coaches to put them in the correct spots and up to the players to put in the time

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Conditt and Foster will be the primary post players. If foul trouble happens you can plug in Jones if you need more size. Or play Kunc at the 5 if you are facing a 5 out team.

I really like that practices could be really challenging for players at all levels. Jared and Chris touched on this in their Brockington reaction podcast.

Hunter - get the Kane and Morris treatment and have Kalscheur and Brockington get into him
Jaz, Enaruna, Hinson and Johnson can all battle against each other
Jone sand Conditt can battle or be pulled out to the wing by Foster and work on their perimiter P&R defense

Lots of flexibility with the 2021/22 roster. It's now on the coaches to put them in the correct spots and up to the players to put in the time
Also Foster can guard Jaz on the wing. Something he struggled with the little bit he played last season.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
The biggest difference I've seen thus far between the TJ era and the Hoiberg era is that out of the gate TJ is recruiting at a higher level than Fred. And while many were knocking TJ on his lack of HC experience, he's light years ahead of where Fred was. This doesn't mean much in terms of X's and O's, but in terms of building a culture, discipline, and getting the most out of players, it's huge.

I think for those reasons we should expect to see a faster turnaround with a higher ceiling. If it doesn't happen as fast as I hope or expect, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it because TJ is a winner and has that right combo of energy and discipline. It is very rare that those people in life fail.

As others have said, we were in many of those games last year. We don't have to get very much better to climb to the middle of the league with the turmoil going on in other programs. With more intestinal fortitude along with more talent, it is more than attainable, even if it's going to look ugly at times.

I'm not so sure he is light years ahead of Fred in recruiting. Fred had zero head coaching experience so TJ wins there. But remember transfers like Royce White and Chris Allen had to sit out a year. And unless I am mistaken outside of Grill, none of TJ's transfers do. That gives TJ a distinct advantage in getting something turned around quicker, but does not necessarily mean he is recruiting better "out of the gate".

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Help Support Us

Become a patron