ISU MBB Twitter

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You've made your point. You don't like the song. You don't have to, as long as the students like it. ANNNNDDD some of us old fuddy duddiy boomers on CF like it too.
I didn't realize Frank Thomas was talking about you, KC.

like-it-too.jpg

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You've made your point. You don't like the song. You don't have to, as long as the students like it. ANNNNDDD some of us old fuddy duddiy boomers on CF like it too.
I hate the song with the force of a 1,000 suns...but some people love it. My 19&17 yo like it. I have taken them out of the estate plan but I am glad they have fun with it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I hate the song with the force of a 1,000 suns...but some people love it. My 19&17 yo like it. I have taken them out of the estate plan but I am glad they have fun with it.
It brings back one of the better game memories for me...all those phone lights during a night game against WVU. First time I ever heard it. I can't help but love the memories.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Oh I know. I will die on that island alone. The second the orchestrated dance became a thing it instantly became corny and kid like. I cringe everytime tv comes back from commercial and it’s the students doing the little arm thing. I literally can’t stand it.

I understand I’m in the minority here.
The KState kids do the thing where they alternate moving backing and forth. It’s pretty cool and has become their signature thing. So I have no issues with the juicy wiggle thing.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Let me guess you love the jock jams too?

Oh look a crowd all jacked up without a corny *** song with a dance that 4th grade dance team could create.

You think all the energy in Phog Allen Arena is spontaneous? Sorry to inform you Kansas has one of the most manufactured environments of them all. I'm not saying that they don't have good fans who are passionate and knowledgeable, but just about everything the fans do is scripted and heavily influenced by playing very loud music and a very loud announcer.

Even in the clip you had in your post, the students know they are supposed to jump up and down at that moment. Or to put it in your words, "look a crowd all jacked up with corny *** music and moves that a daycare for 4 years olds could create."

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
You think all the energy in Phog Allen Arena is spontaneous? Sorry to inform you Kansas has one of the most manufactured environments of them all. I'm not saying that they don't have good fans who are passionate and knowledgeable, but just about everything the fans do is scripted and heavily influenced by playing very loud music and a very loud announcer.

Even in the clip you had in your post, the students know they are supposed to jump up and down at that moment. Or to put it in your words, "look a crowd all jacked up with corny *** music and moves that a daycare for 4 years olds could create."
If you can’t tell the difference in atmospheres from the clips provided then I got nothing for you. I know it’s become a thing at Iowa State and since the kids like it keep doing it.

Not everyone has to like it and we think we could have better music choices and think it’s pretty cringe.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The KState kids do the thing where they alternate moving backing and forth. It’s pretty cool and has become their signature thing. So I have no issues with the juicy wiggle thing.
Them and BYU both do that. BYU student section really does a good job of making a distracting free throw background. Don't know if it actually makes a difference but they are visually impressive. @Sigmapolis any insight on free throw backgrounds like BYU and whoever does the curtain of distraction ( maybe ASU)

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
If you can’t tell the difference in atmospheres from the clips provided then I got nothing for you. I know it’s become a thing at Iowa State and since the kids like it keep doing it.

Not everyone has to like it and we think we could have better music choices and think it’s pretty cringe.
So you'd be excited if they cranked up the music and told everyone to jump? That's cool enough for you?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I’ve continued to upset the juicy wiggle crowd.

Well yeah, by your own admission it's wildly popular amongst the fan base and your opinion is the minority, but for some reason you're hell bent on repeating it (& even bumping your own posts). I'm guessing you enjoy the attention or something, kinda weird tbh.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
So you'd be excited if they cranked up the music and told everyone to jump? That's cool enough for you?
If they cranked up the music after a 10-0 run they wouldn’t have tell anyone to do anything. It would be organic just like how the original Juicy Wiggle started with the cell phone lights.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
If they cranked up the music after a 10-0 run they wouldn’t have tell anyone to do anything. It would be organic just like how the original Juicy Wiggle started with the cell phone lights.
I am not talking about the juicy wiggle.

Hate to break it to you, but it wouldn't be organic. Students probably would but a lot of other fans wouldn't get into it. Even you clip of Allen Fieldhouse was saying Jump Jump.