ISU MBB Twitter

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I respect Hunter's confidence in planning to rock that jersey #.

Totally agree. Everything I have seen from Tyrese in HS has him being a guy that wants the pressure and it drives him. Officially picking 11 is just another step showing that day 1 at ISU.

We're getting to the point that #11 will be the legacy number for elite ISU PG moving forward.

Those who accept the legacy and fan pressure only need apply.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That Orr/player photo reminds me how much I loved the schedule posters from that era. I can remember some with cool b&w photos of players like Grayer and Alexander. My dad had them all over our basement when I was little. Wish I had a few.

I always enjoyed collecting those black and white posters as a kid. One game you'd get Fred Hoiberg and the next you'd get Ha-Keem Abdel Kaliq.

Reactions: heitclone

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

That what you want to hear. Win.........NOW! None of this "oh gee, it's going to require so much time and patience to build the right culture, team's lose games all the time" BS. I really don't think people fully understand how good this team can be.....right now! With the talent that was kept along with what was brought in........the only thing left is chemistry. If Foster is %100.....Enaruna plays to his potential and Hunter is as advertised.........! Not including J. Johnson, Kalsheur, Brockington, Conditt, Grill etc. Personally.........I think this is tourney team 1st year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
That what you want to hear. Win.........NOW! None of this "oh gee, it's going to require so much time and patience to build the right culture, team's lose games all the time" BS. I really don't think people fully understand how good this team can be.....right now! With the talent that was kept along with what was brought in........the only thing left is chemistry. If Foster is %100.....Enaruna plays to his potential and Hunter is as advertised.........! Not including J. Johnson, Kalsheur, Brockington, Conditt, Grill etc. Personally.........I think this is tourney team 1st year.

They have A LOT of coming together to do, but the talent is there.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and t-noah

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I sort our guys into tiers. I count roughly four of them.

ENOUGH TALENT TO BE STARS -- BUT NEEDS TO PROVE IT AT A COLLEGE LEVEL

Enaruna
Foster
Hunter

PROVEN HIGH-MAJOR STARTERS -- PROBABLY NOT STARS, BUT VERY SOLID PLAYERS

Brockington
Kalscheur
Kunc (if healthy)
Hinson (if healthy)

PROVEN ENOUGH TO BE BENCH GUYS -- LIKELY BENCH DEPTH AT THIS POINT

Grill
Jackson III

ADEQUATE TALENT TO MAKE AN IMPACT -- BUT NEED TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER

Conditt IV
Johnson
Jones
Walker

If maybe 2/3 of the top three work out (and ideally all three), if the next four are productive as they have been in the past and stay healthy, and one or two more guys from the lower tiers surprises us enough to at least be usable bench depth if not more, then we could be very competitive.

We are not going to break into the Olympian heights of the top of the Big 12 the first year of the TJ administration, but we could finish in the middle of the pack in the Big 12. And finishing in the middle of the Big 12 is generally good enough to get you in or at least fighting for a spot on the bubble.

If TJ gets us into the tournament his first year, then he deserves Big 12 COTY.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't.
Hope you're right.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I sort our guys into tiers. I count roughly four of them.

ENOUGH TALENT TO BE STARS -- BUT NEEDS TO PROVE IT AT A COLLEGE LEVEL

Enaruna
Foster
Hunter

PROVEN HIGH-MAJOR STARTERS -- PROBABLY NOT STARS, BUT VERY SOLID PLAYERS

Brockington
Kalscheur
Kunc (if healthy)
Hinson (if healthy)

PROVEN ENOUGH TO BE BENCH GUYS -- LIKELY BENCH DEPTH AT THIS POINT

Grill
Jackson III

ADEQUATE TALENT TO MAKE AN IMPACT -- BUT NEED TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER

Conditt IV
Johnson
Jones
Walker

If maybe 2/3 of the top three work out (and ideally all three), if the next four are productive as they have been in the past and stay healthy, and one or two more guys from the lower tiers surprises us enough to at least be usable bench depth if not more, then we could be very competitive.

We are not going to break into the Olympian heights of the top of the Big 12 the first year of the TJ administration, but we could finish in the middle of the pack in the Big 12. And finishing in the middle of the Big 12 is generally good enough to get you in or at least fighting for a spot on the bubble.

If TJ gets us into the tournament his first year, then he deserves Big 12 COTY.

Brockington is a boarder line “star” with his style of play. Or maybe highlight reel type guy who will take it to the rim and score is a better way to phrase it?

I’m hopeful Kal can be a Chris Babb for us.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
@GetAwesome why was this stupid? It was literally his HS number. I will almost guarantee that's why he picked it. Not because of Tinsley, Blalock, Monte, or THT. Hell Blackwell was # 11 last season. So it's not like the number is reserved for great guards only.

Hunter takes on the responsibility and honor of wearing the same # as the two greatest floor generals to ever call Hilton home. I give Hunter a compliment. End of story. Enjoy.

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah