Iowa Game Tip off Picture

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Does anyone have the picture of the foul on the opening tip of the Iowa game? I want to show my father and can't find it.

Merry Christmas

The first foul called wasn't until 19:19. Are you saying there was a foul committed but wasn't called ?

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
My picture isn't as clear as cydeeps but it appears Woodbury just about took Hogue's head off.
Woodbury_zps51accc83.jpg
Watch it here
[video=youtube;eJCNjWGbrqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJCNjWGbrqw[/video]

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Just watched the first 6 minutes. Iowa really hit some contested shots to start the game and the no call on Ejim's dunk led to a transition layup. I feel less bad about the way we started that game now. Was anyone else surprised we had Kane on White instead of Hogue?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Thanks for posting. I first saw the picture as I enjoyed the meltdown on HN but couldn't find it to show my dad. General response over there was "Well..... that never gets called!"

I received the same response from CR hawks last night. My reply was "Or how far past a foul before it does get called? A leg sweep?"

Their response: "Well you can't do that."

I left it at that.

-keep

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Just watched the last 10 minutes of that video. Thanks for posting. Merry Christmas!

terryleebr

Apr 10, 2006
I think you are being hard on Woodbury. Right before the tip off Marble told him to jump this time. Not being used to that he only got the message to his right leg. That threw him off balance and he grabbed Hogue to avoid falling. Moral of the story is avoid giving last minute instructions to Woodbury.