Iowa game time!

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Great news!! Anyone who decided that 11:00 was a good time to start a football game needs to be shot. Ames is going to be rocking that day!

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Great news!! Anyone who decided that 11:00 was a good time to start a football game needs to be shot. Ames is going to be rocking that day!

I actually really like 11:00am kicks for days when ISU isn't playing. Nothing quite like rolling out of bed at 10:30 and sitting back to watch four full games' worth of college football in one day (11, 2:30, 6:00/7:00, and one more if there's a good West Coast game).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Me-- "Did you see the Iowa game is at 5:00 this year?"
My Wife-- "Good God. Find someone to take my ticket. "

She knows the kind of **** storm this kick time will create.

This has been exaggerated for years. Its not like schools with rivalries much more active and hostile than ours havent had night games before. It'll be fun, and everything will be fine.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I actually really like 11:00am kicks for days when ISU isn't playing. Nothing quite like rolling out of bed at 10:30 and sitting back to watch four full games' worth of college football in one day (11, 2:30, 6:00/7:00, and one more if there's a good West Coast game).

Which is the only reason we have 11am games. People like to watch them on tv more than actually drag out and go to them. Since people like watching them on tv, ESPN\Fox will pay for it.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
We have the best AD! He knows how much we love our tailgating!

Jamie Pollard@IASTATEAD3h
Cyclone fb is fan friendly....3 straight night home games to start season. We know our tailgating lots are a big part of Cyclone football.

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty
This is fantastic. All four of those games are EXTREMELY important for one reason or another.
1) UNI - Who wants to lose the first game, especially to an FCS school, no matter how good that team may be.
2) Iowa - We get it.
3) Tulsa - IMO this is a must win game very early in the year. Without it, much of the B12 season is almost moot.
4) UT - Come on, Texas to open the year for ISU, and it's at night? JT will be CRAZY!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We have the best AD! He knows how much we love our tailgating!

Jamie Pollard@IASTATEAD3h
Cyclone fb is fan friendly....3 straight night home games to start season. We know our tailgating lots are a big part of Cyclone football.

I agree with Pollard, however, I probably wouldn't if I were a member of the Ames Police Dept or ISU Campus Security. That will be a horrible day for them.

I also hope the campus doesn't get damaged and vandalized too much either. It will, it's just a matter of how much.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I agree with Pollard, however, I probably wouldn't if I were a member of the Ames Police Dept or ISU Campus Security. That will be a horrible day for them.

I also hope the campus doesn't get damaged and vandalized too much either. It will, it's just a matter of how much.
WAH WAH

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines

You kidding me? The more action there is the happier the Officers are. Trust me.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Me-- "Did you see the Iowa game is at 5:00 this year?"
My Wife-- "Good God. Find someone to take my ticket. "

She knows the kind of **** storm this kick time will create.

Thanks for taking that bucket of fun off the market for the rest of us!

:nah:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

VEISHA crammed into one tailgate...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You would know...

He's right though. Those tailgates are some of the best fundraising of the year for them with all the MIPs they throw out there from those dumb enough to drink underage in the lots (i mean really, ive got no problem with underage drinking, but you'd have to be an idiot to be under 21 and holding a case of beer when there are a bazillion cops there).

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
This has been exaggerated for years. Its not like schools with rivalries much more active and hostile than ours havent had night games before. It'll be fun, and everything will be fine.

Completely exaggerated. Even with the 11 AM kicks - the lots are packed for this game. People stay up all night tailgating.

Will the tailgating be bigger? Sure. But it's not like it's so much more that it's going to cause that many more issues.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Good lord clonedude....

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
He's right though. Those tailgates are some of the best fundraising of the year for them with all the MIPs they throw out there from those dumb enough to drink underage in the lots (i mean really, ive got no problem with underage drinking, but you'd have to be an idiot to be under 21 and holding a case of beer when there are a bazillion cops there).

I will agree with you but I carried many cases of beer around TG's during any game Iowa included with no problems. You just can't act like a dumb *** and you will be fine.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron