Iowa game time!

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
The last night game in this series was 2002.

[video=youtube;NEfPIcQY3A8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEfPIcQY3A8[/video]

I was there too in the middle of a high $ donor section. The amount of **** talking I endured the first half was unreal which made the celebrating of the entire second half surrounded by *********'s pretty epic.

Last edited:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yup - one of the best games I've ever attended. Still can't believe what I saw with Banks just dropping the ball.

The 3rd down completion across the field to Whitver? Sick.

I sure felt sick. Still do, and I was a freshman in highschool when that game happened.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Last Iowa game in Ames my roommate got into a fight with an iowa fan and got pepper sprayed. At 6'10" they're pretty quick with the pepper spray.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Well hopefully if more ISU games get put on FS1, it gets put on Dish's Sports Pack (unlike CBS Sports Net)

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Well hopefully if more ISU games get put on FS1, it gets put on Dish's Sports Pack (unlike CBS Sports Net)

Fox is taking all the games they put on FX last year and giving them to FS1 along with a few other games since FS1 will be a completely sports dedicated channel. I want to say ISU had like 2 FX games last year, so I'd expect somewhere around 4 games on FS1 this year (Iowa, Tulsa, and a couple others). The Texas game will likely be ISU's only ESPN game. ISU has to make at least 1 ABC appearance, but probably will make no more than 2 ABC games max. Supposedly, FCS is supposed to be done with B12 conference games, so the other 5-6 games will be on the Fox RSN's like FSN midwest and affiliates.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Attention Cyclone season ticket holders: Don't sell your tickets to Hawk fans

Signed,

Cyclone Nation

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Hoiberg coming in at half and them saying "The Mayor is our good luck charm" might be the most appropriate statement I've ever heard.

I'd give anything to have seen McCarney's halftime speech. I remember reading in the paper the players saying that a lot of what was said could not be repeated. I believe one usable quote was something along the lines of: "We look like a junior varsity team out there."

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
This pisses me right off. I am in a wedding at 5pm, no tv's. Was praying for an 11:00Am kick. Havent missed a home game in 11 years.

Does anyone know where you can rent helicopters/prices ect?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Attention Cyclone season ticket holders: Don't sell your tickets to Hawk fans

Signed,

Cyclone Nation

Considering last season and what will likely be another horrible season in Iowa City, along with the increasing support by ISU fans I'm guessing we'll see the least number of Iowa fans we've ever seen in Jack Trice that day.

The game in 2011 was already the least amount of Hawk fans in Ames, this should top that.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd give anything to have seen McCarney's halftime speech. I remember reading in the paper the players saying that a lot of what was said could not be repeated. I believe one usable quote was something along the lines of: "We look like a junior varsity team out there."

I heard from a friend of a player - DMac walked into the locker room, smashed a clipboard on the wall and said only two words...

F--- You!

And walked out.

I'm 50/50 on if it's true.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
This pisses me right off. I am in a wedding at 5pm, no tv's. Was praying for an 11:00Am kick. Havent missed a home game in 11 years.

Does anyone know where you can rent helicopters/prices ect?

You should start a wedding thread about the person who would schedule a wedding on gameday.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
8-10 hours of tailgating! JT is either going to be rocking or quite as hell b/c of all the passed out people.

102 days and 5 hours to go, here is to JT rocking!!!

Last edited:

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
You should start a wedding thread about the person who would schedule a wedding on gameday.

2nd year in a row too. Last year I had to spend it in Nebraska, the wedding at least had 2 giant TV's (to watch the nebraska game). The wedding cleared out after they lost to UCLA. Ruined the wedding for the brides family/friends.

I dont know what to do, I specifically told them not to schedule it on that day (they hate sports) and they did it accidentally. asl;fal;sdjfal;sdjf