I"m welcome to ISU

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
Okay and hello from ColumbiA, MU.

I knwo that it"S another wekk away, but just watnted to get a hello. I will be able to tell you about the Tigers which are Tough As Rain. The GBR Hucker board. If Ican figure it out I will show you the Glendower banner from the Huskerboard which I asked the OU sooner fans to use for GameDay. Not sure they did.

I";ll pick a simple for this time, Good luck this weekend,but nect weekend you play my Tough as Rain Tigers. Good to talk. Plus also Jerry said hello, seems nice.

:eek: This won"t be my simple, just today.

Tuff Tiger

Just wanted to make sure everybody got a chance to read the original if you didn't see it higher up in the thread:biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh:

BTW-I just realized that Missouri's abbreviation is MO, not MU....classic!

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Wow, I step away from the computer to do homework fo 3 hours and **** like this happens. Guess I learned my lesson... don't have a life, or you might miss something! :eek:

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Is that Troy Davis typing? Maybe he cant see the keyboard because the light is reflecting from his grill to the computer screen and back at his eyes.:biggrin:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Welcome! We sphincter your apple, and carburetor your linguini.

(Funniest part of his post is that he edited it "to fix".)

Must be a stock market pink sheet pusher ad from Ameritrade.

For the record, just How Tough is Rain?

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm starting to feel a little bad about making fun of the original poster. He could be a foreign student who is trying to learn the language a little better, and does so by posting on, and reading message boards. I could just be an honest post from a nice person, who is just trying hard to assimilate.

Either that, or he's Balki Bartokomous.:laugh:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Must be a stock market pink sheet pusher ad from Ameritrade.

For the record, just How Tough is Rain?

Toughness is "Loosely speaking, it is a measure of the ability of a material to absorb energy up to fracture" - 1

It is difficult to provide an exact number here, as toughness depends on geometry, temperature, the rate at which the load is applied (are we talking dynamic or static strain here?), even the direction in which the stress is applied if the properties of the material are not uniform in all directions.

Given that rain is a liquid... I'm not sure how much energy it will absorb before the rain drop is dissipated :dull:

We'd probally also consider... what are we talking about? A drizzle, slow rain but big drops? Or torrential down pour?

EDIT:
1 - "Materials Science and Engineering, an Introduction
William D. Callister, Jr
Wiley publishing

Last edited:

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Is he related to Ted Sprague from Heroes?

Heroes-sprague.jpg

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Has the throught crossed anyone's mind that this could be a practical joke that a Missouri board (or any other team, for that matter) is trying to play on us to see where it leads to?

IF NOT, then I move that we create one of similar caliber for all of our upcoming opponents on their message boards and track the progress that they make.

Do I hear a second?

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Has the throught crossed anyone's mind that this could be a practical joke that a Missouri board (or any other team, for that matter) is trying to play on us to see where it leads to?

IF NOT, then I move that we create one of similar caliber for all of our upcoming opponents on their message boards and track the progress that they make.

Do I hear a second?

*crickets*

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006

Do I hear a second?

Please don't.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
You could post to a local media website for a little excitment I suppose...just tell them you are Tough as Rain and from Climax Springs MU. Tell them you heard a rumor that the Hawks are moving to the MAC.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
"It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron