Hurricane Ian's destruction

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Was that car clear under water or did she move it back in from somewhere after?
Sorry different angles. One is looking straight across the street and the other is looking to the side but you can see how the water had risen. She hasn't snapped in 7 hours, I was hoping for an update.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sorry different angles. One is looking straight across the street and the other is looking to the side but you can see how the water had risen. She hasn't snapped in 7 hours, I was hoping for an update.

Hope her and her mom are as good as can be.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
These storms bring out the biggest jerks. Interviewing a guy on CNN that "I never leave, but this time it's bad and they need to rescue me and my neighbors". No, what they need to do is let you figure it out on your own and not put their own lives in danger. Screw these people, you had plenty of warning.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
These storms bring out the biggest jerks. Interviewing a guy on CNN that "I never leave, but this time it's bad and they need to rescue me and my neighbors". No, what they need to do is let you figure it out on your own and not put their own lives in danger. Screw these people, you had plenty of warning.
Isn't the whole thing of a mandatory evacuation order that they may not pull you from your house and put you on a bus somewhere safe by force, but they're also not going to do anything until it's safe to check on you after the storm is over?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I to am an Petras fan, your to dumb too recognize there ability too grow QBs. Petras four Heisman!

Agree. Not everyone has the means or ability to evacuate, but the ones who do and stay put anyways only to end up on a rooftop begging for help are a complete drain on resources and should be last in line for help.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Isn't the whole thing of a mandatory evacuation order that they may not pull you from your house and put you on a bus somewhere safe by force, but they're also not going to do anything until it's safe to check on you after the storm is over?
Pretty much. Mandatory evac means they won't send emergency personnel into the area until the storm is gone.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
"I'm not taking orders from no Government".

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I can sort of relate to the non-evacuees. So many times they get it wrong. And you end up evacuating for nothing. Costly and a huge inconvenience.

I kind of relate it to us. We hear a tornado warning for our area and how many of us actually go down to our basement or wait until we feel like we're in immediate danger?

Not exactly the same, but I understand the decision is not easy-peasy.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I can honestly say in the 40 years I have lived in the Midwest, I have never had a multi day power outage. The most I can recall being out is maybe 6 or 7 hours.

DER-AY-CHO.
12 days middle of CR, no power. 90% of the city had multiple days no power, and I would guess close to 50% was a week.

• Agree
Reactions: laminak and wxman1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron