Hurricane Ian's destruction

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The Cape Coral area of SW FL is in for a rough time in about 12-18 hours.
I to am an Petras fan, your to dumb too recognize there ability too grow QBs. Petras four Heisman!

We know someone (kind of, very distant acquaintance from many years ago) who moved down there a few years ago. Has spent the past few winters during very frigid temps and big snowstorms here posting beach/boating/sunset pics with captions like "How ya doin' up there Iowa?" Am guessing they'll be missing October in Iowa pretty soon.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I to am an Petras fan, you are to dumb too recognize their ability too grow QBs. Petras for Heisman!

We know someone (kind of, very distant acquaintance from many years ago) who moved down there a few years ago. Has spent the past few winters during very frigid temps and big snowstorms here posting beach/boating/sunset pics with captions like "How ya doin' up there Iowa?" Am guessing they'll be missing October in Iowa pretty soon.
FIFY (there are more too)

Reactions: cyclone1209

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I work with someone that lives south of Tampa, He finished boarding up the house on Monday and bugged out. Staying the next couple of nights in Miami.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I've got a friend in Tampa. He says his home is up away from where the flooding will be and that his house is as prepared as it can be for the storm. He also warned people to not get too wrapped up in the hype of the national media. While these storms are no laughing matter, the around the clock coverage they show to the rest of the nation is way over the top.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I've got a friend in Tampa. He says his home is up away from where the flooding will be and that his house is as prepared as it can be for the storm. He also warned people to not get too wrapped up in the hype of the national media. While these storms are no laughing matter, the around the clock coverage they show to the rest of the nation is way over the top.
I was in Florida last June when a tropical storm was coming. The locals said they don't really bother with hurricanes/tropical storms unless Jim Cantore shows up. Then that's when they start to worry. They have the same sentiment that your friend has.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Not so sure about that.

Anything that's on incessantly is irritating (Queen anyone?) but in this case they're as close to performing a public service as they ever get.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Not so sure about that.

Anything that's on incessantly is irritating (Queen anyone?) but in this case they're as close to performing a public service as they ever get.
Yeah I'd rather over report it so people would have more time to shelter in place properly or evacuate. If we can give an entire 2 weeks to a ceremonial queen dying it seems like trying to avoid a 2nd Katrina where people had like 48 hours of notice is not bad.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
@JP4CY doesnt dex live down there? You meet him during the bowl game?
I was in Florida last June when a tropical storm was coming. The locals said they don't really bother with hurricanes/tropical storms unless Jim Cantore shows up. Then that's when they start to worry. They have the same sentiment that your friend has.
Correct, he's in that area. I wanted to meet up during one of the tournaments we had scheduled: The Emerald Coast Classic because he's in the area. COVID impacted that out so we never did.