Hunter Reaffirms Commitment

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
If you want an idea of how important this re-commitment was..

Tyrese Hunter is the #5 PG in the country per 247. TyTy Washington is the #4 PG in the country. Washington decommitted from Creighton this spring and has received offers from Kentucky and Baylor in the last 24 hours. Hunter would of been able to go almost wherever he wanted had he requested out of his LOI.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It's not as much defending as it is calling out the false narratives. My favorite- "I could tell after year 2 that Prohm sucked. Shoulda been fired then."

In fairness, I have a friend (who posts on here) that was on that train after the Virginia loss. I spent the next 2 years telling him he was overreacting. I was wrong, but got on the train during the Shayok year.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
In fairness, I have a friend (who posts on here) that was on that train after the Virginia loss. I spent the next 2 years telling him he was overreacting. I was wrong, but got on the train during the Shayok year.
Year two was a year later than we could tell it wouldn't end well.

• Dumb
Reactions: Acylum

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
If you want an idea of how important this re-commitment was..

Tyrese Hunter is the #5 PG in the country per 247. TyTy Washington is the #4 PG in the country. Washington decommitted from Creighton this spring and has received offers from Kentucky and Baylor in the last 24 hours. Hunter would of been able to go almost wherever he wanted had he requested out of his LOI.
There is a difference though, TyTy is now considered one of the top players in the class and a likely NBA draft pick next year. He was tearing it up against some of the best competition in the country late in the year. But I do think there would have been a lot of competition for Hunter as well but probably not to that level.

• Creative
Reactions: CyPunch

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
There is a difference though, TyTy is now considered one of the top players in the class and a likely NBA draft pick next year. He was tearing it up against some of the best competition in the country late in the year. But I do think there would have been a lot of competition for Hunter as well but probably not to that level.

Actually I am guessing there would be their lists would share a lot of the same teams between TyTy and Tyrese. The same teams need a young PG and would offer both for one landing spot. I share your thought that TyTy is likely more ready today but the competition would be fierce and include blue bloods.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
  • Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
ESPN released their final 2021 rankings - Tyrese at #37

Surprised to see 5 players in the top 20 not committed yet. Interestingly a SG from NV that UNLV was recruiting (Hardy) and further down a forward from Milwaukee, Wisc. Hmmm. Suppose its too late to get connected to a 2021 freshmen now.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Surprised to see 5 players in the top 20 not committed yet. Interestingly a SG from NV that UNLV was recruiting (Hardy) and further down a forward from Milwaukee, Wisc. Hmmm. Suppose its too late to get connected to a 2021 freshmen now.

Noticed also that TJ and UNLV was recruiting another Wisc kid , highly ranked Patrick Baldwin , who has yet to decided. Two top ten Wisc kids and Gard isn't the favorite for either. Interesting.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Noticed also that TJ and UNLV was recruiting another Wisc kid , highly ranked Patrick Baldwin , who has yet to decided. Two top ten Wisc kids and Gard isn't the favorite for either. Interesting.
The guy from Nevada and the Wisconsin guy ranked #7 are expected to go the G League route while the Wisconsin kid ranked #4 is expected to play for his dad who’s the HC at UW Milwaukee. In general though Gard doesn’t do a great job recruiting in state.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The guy from Nevada and the Wisconsin guy ranked #7 are expected to go the G League route while the Wisconsin kid ranked #4 is expected to play for his dad who’s the HC at UW Milwaukee. In general though Gard doesn’t do a great job recruiting in state.
Yeah, if he decides to not play for his dad they seem to think Coach K will get him.

EDIT: If you are generally a negative (some would say 'dirty') recruiter how do you change your game if you are recruiting against the kid's dad?

Reactions: baagoe

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Sallis and Davison will probably be lottery picks, not sure about Washington.
Have you actually watched Washington. Go watch him play against the best teams in the country and then get back to me. The kid does everything. And ESPN has him as a lottery pick. Davison and Sallis aren’t even projected picks at this point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron