How I Met Your Mother

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
One of my favorite shows but...

Robin used to be hot, now she looks like a 12 year old boy. Her new boyfriend is not funny, doesn't fit in and, IMO, changes the whole dynamic of the show for the worse.

And Marshall and Lilly are moving to the 'burbs.

I feel like The Fonz is heading toward the ski ramp, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Gordyo5

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Haven't watched in awhile, but I like Robin's shorter hair. That is when it was shoulder length. Tell me they didn't screw up Barney's character.....

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
This show will end the same way Friends did, by amplifying each character until they are completely annoying, then dragging it out for about 3 or 4 years too many.

Last night's episode was almost unwatchable.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Just said the same thing to the wife last night. Great show and has been great for years but the new story lines suck. It's not really funny anymore. It's a drama with some mild humor hear or there. Hope they can turn it back around.

Agree the Robin and BF relationship is awful

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Totally agree.

It's like Robin totally just gave up. He douchey BF needs to go, but maybe they're really driving home how crappy of a character he is just so they can kill him off Jack Bauer style. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Robin had a baby and then went on some super skinny diet thing which makes her look a bit off now. She looked good in the first couple of seasons. Im not saying she looks bad now, but there is too skinny sometimes. The show itself is aiming for 2 more seasons I think and then its done. I wish it was only one more.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
I liked "we built chip city, we built chip city on all your dough" and plan on using it the next time I play poker.

Reactions: isuska

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Barney remains the only redeeming quality of this show anymore. I've always found Ted to be unwatchable and wish he were dead. Robin's new BF doesn't work at all, as mentioned.

Reactions: Gordyo5

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Robin's character is just getting too outrageous, and she does look a lot different. In the first few seasons she was calm, cool, and collected, but now she is getting ridiculous. In my opinion, I have always thought that Robin was the weakest character in the main group in terms of what to expect from her as an character, and I don't like it how the show is focusing on her on her relationship with Kevin as one of the main plot lines for this season. Robin should be one of those characters that add support instead of outright leading the plot. Kevin's character seems like he doesn't have the flow or the timing down with the rest of the cast, and that may be due to the writing or poor acting but he just doesn't seem like he is a natural fit. It wouldn't bother me to see him gone.

I kind of wish that the show revolved more around Barney and his own personal growth. I know that everyone enjoys his shallow depth-based humor, and so do I, but I also enjoyed the plot where his dad wanted to get back together with him. Maybe the writers will go back to that since there some loose ends with that plot, but Barney's character will probably experience more growth since they have showed him getting ready for his wedding. I hope it's not with Robin, and it annoys me when the show hints that either Ted or Barney wants her back.

In regards of having the show ending soon, I think that it is about getting to wrap here in about the next 2 season. The problem with that is, I don't think the writers have settled on who the mother is supposed be. This will be at least a season long plot line since they will show episodes up to when Ted gets married. Not to mention that all of Ted's serious relationship have last about a season- Robin, Stella, and Zoey.

Sorry about the long post, but this is just some ramblings from an HIMYM enthusiast. Also this may be longest in-depth post that I have ever had.

Reactions: isufan

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've seen a lot of the first 3 seasons, and definitely think its start to get ridiculous. The biggest problem is that from Day 1, its built on the premise that the show will have a definite end date, and they've tied so many events in the early seasons into the eventual end-game of Ted meeting his wife, that after about 4 seasons, the longer they drag it on, the less credible the show becomes.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Robin's character is just getting too outrageous, and she does look a lot different. In the first few seasons she was calm, cool, and collected, but now she is getting ridiculous. In my opinion, I have always thought that Robin was the weakest character in the main group in terms of what to expect from her as an character, and I don't like it how the show is focusing on her on her relationship with Kevin as one of the main plot lines for this season. Robin should be one of those characters that add support instead of outright leading the plot. Kevin's character seems like he doesn't have the flow or the timing down with the rest of the cast, and that may be due to the writing or poor acting but he just doesn't seem like he is a natural fit. It wouldn't bother me to see him gone.

I kind of wish that the show revolved more around Barney and his own personal growth. I know that everyone enjoys his shallow depth-based humor, and so do I, but I also enjoyed the plot where his dad wanted to get back together with him. Maybe the writers will go back to that since there some loose ends with that plot, but Barney's character will probably experience more growth since they have showed him getting ready for his wedding. I hope it's not with Robin, and it annoys me when the show hints that either Ted or Barney wants her back.

In regards of having the show ending soon, I think that it is about getting to wrap here in about the next 2 season. The problem with that is, I don't think the writers have settled on who the mother is supposed be. This will be at least a season long plot line since they will show episodes up to when Ted gets married. Not to mention that all of Ted's serious relationship have last about a season- Robin, Stella, and Zoey.

Sorry about the long post, but this is just some ramblings from an HIMYM enthusiast. Also this may be longest in-depth post that I have ever had.
Stella was my favorite of Ted's girlfriends but I think she has a regular gig on another show now so I kind of doubt if she's coming back.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Yeah it was, however I did think the intro was funny with the Barney song. Hit me right I guess.

I liked "we built chip city, we built chip city on all your dough" and plan on using it the next time I play poker.

Now I know why this hit you right. :wink:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj7_E5Tpdhs]We Built Sioux City - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: Bret44 and bos

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
One of my favorite shows but...

Robin used to be hot, now she looks like a 12 year old boy. Her new boyfriend is not funny, doesn't fit in and, IMO, changes the whole dynamic of the show for the worse.

And Marshall and Lilly are moving to the 'burbs.

Never watched the show but I know the actress was cast in The Avengers and her character has really short hair, so that's probably why her hair is as short as you say.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
homer_jump_the_shark1.gif

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Never watched the show but I know the actress was cast in The Avengers and her character has really short hair, so that's probably why her hair is as short as you say.
It's not just her hair. She got so skinny she is anorexic and sickly looking.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

IMHO, he landed a few years ago already. It's obvious the writing staff has no clue how to resolve the show's central question and is just floating around aimlessly. It's a bit like LOST right before they set an end date and laid out the rest of the series (although I liked LOST even when it was aimless. I'm not sure why I still watch HIMYM.)

Reactions: LindenCy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I just thought I'd go on record saying I've never found this show to be funny. That's all I have to contribute.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron