How I Met Your Mother

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Seriously, Ted giving the locket to Barney and then calmly refusing Robin's pleas to run away with her were two of the series' biggest highlights, IMO. He wasn't just barely hanging on and saying no because it was the right thing to do; he truly didn't have those feelings for her anymore. To basically throw that great, pivotal moment by the wayside is nothing more than a cop-out.

This x1000. And to throw all of that character development out in a 10 minute montage that covers 20 years (nice pacing) is terrible.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
There's an alternate ending that will be released with the box set...

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
This x1000. And to throw all of that character development out in a 10 minute montage that covers 20 years (nice pacing) is terrible.

Even if they'd still killed her and done the montage, I would have have been okay as long as it didn't end with him going back to Robin. It was actually only 10 years, though, if I'm doing my math right (the story is told in 2030 and the kids said she'd been gone for 6 years). Killing her could have worked better if the story were told either during her final days or just after she died, though.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Even if they'd still killed her and done the montage, I would have have been okay as long as it didn't end with him going back to Robin. It was actually only 10 years, though, if I'm doing my math right (the story is told in 2030 and the kids said she'd been gone for 6 years). Killing her could have worked better if the story were told either during her final days or just after she died, though.

Technically the Barney Robin wedding was Memorial Day weekend 2013, but yeah he shouldn't have gone back to Robin. I would have been happy with a scene with the kids consoling Ted.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron