How do I block In-State Rivals forum?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I opted out as trying to ignore it wasn't working...too easy to get caught in really stupid discussions. The decent Iowa fans started piling on and it mixed badly with actual trolls.

Gonna report any of Iowa fans trolling actual ISU discussion.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You questioned my ability or intelligence to ignore messages. Feathers ruffled I guess. Again, I came on the right forum to ask why a feature didn't work. You obviously feel I should just bypass. Not sure what you felt you were accomplishing. Guess you need to give your opinion on every topic.
Meh. The point of message boards is offering opinions, right or wrong.
You're pissed because of an offhand comment. Have fun with that.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
It would be great if there were an option to keep ISR posts from appearing in lists of new/recent posts without actually fully banning yourself from the board. I don't want all those posts clogging the feed every time I check in but I'd like to preserve the option to visit that board if I choose to.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: CyTwins and Cy$

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
It would be great if there were an option to keep ISR posts from appearing in lists of new/recent posts without actually fully banning yourself from the board. I don't want all those posts clogging the feed every time I check in but I'd like to preserve the option to visit that board if I choose to.

I second this. I removed ISR forum a few months back because I was tired of the posts clogging up feed. I still wouldn’t mind visiting the forum from time to time and seeing if there are any thread titles worth reading.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Another solution to this would be the ability to block individual threads. If that were available I would probably opt in to ISR but block the annoying threads. If I had a dollar for every time "Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster" popped up with a recent post, I could build the bridge over University Blvd myself.

I second this. I removed ISR forum a few months back because I was tired of the posts clogging up feed. I still wouldn’t mind visiting the forum from time to time and seeing if there are any thread titles worth reading.

My solution to this is to bookmark the ISR forum then open it in a private browser window (where I'm not logged in to CF) if I ever want to view it.