How do I block In-State Rivals forum?

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I went in to Preferences and checked the "Remove In-State Rivals forums" checkbox and yet I'm still seeing them. Does it just take some time? It's too bad because I like the banter normally, but the obsession with the other side is over-the-top this time of the year.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Read the thread about how to delete your account. If you let the ISR forums bother you that much, I bet you are a real hoot at parties.
giphy.gif

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Read the thread about how to delete your account. If you let the ISR forums bother you that much, I bet you are a real hoot at parties.
There's a very practical reason to hide any particular forum that you're not interested in which is that it takes up space from other forums on the front page. I hide it because I'm more interested in every other forum. I'm glad it exists as a place for hawkroaches to go but I'd much rather not see it on the front page and be able to see every other forum.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I went in to Preferences and checked the "Remove In-State Rivals forums" checkbox and yet I'm still seeing them. Does it just take some time? It's too bad because I like the banter normally, but the obsession with the other side is over-the-top this time of the year.
Easy enough....just don't open the threads.
It's not rocket science...

Reactions: cycloner29

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah,not really. I'd say I view the forums differently than some of you, based on some of the other comments. I don't open up to the forum page. I usually look at new posts to see what's new...and it is a simple matter to ignore the threads that don't intrigue me. Personally, I think you overreact, but hey, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cydkar

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Yeah,not really. I'd say I view the forums differently than some of you, based on some of the other comments. I don't open up to the forum page. I usually look at new posts to see what's new...and it is a simple matter to ignore the threads that don't intrigue me. Personally, I think you overreact, but hey, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
I just like looking at stuff that won't aggravate me, sorry that's hard for others to take. I only hit the New Posts page and would rather see 5-10 more threads that don't have to do with the Hawks or Politics. I'm guessing this is why our website hosts offer this as an option. Not sure why it bothers so many of you that like to see everything. Usually I have a FOMO, but not here.

L

LincolnWay187

I just like looking at stuff that won't aggravate me, sorry that's hard for others to take. I only hit the New Posts page and would rather see 5-10 more threads that don't have to do with the Hawks or Politics. I'm guessing this is why our website hosts offer this as an option. Not sure why it bothers so many of you that like to see everything. Usually I have a FOMO, but not here.
I'm getting to be the same way. I hope CW realizes that while the annoying hawks who post here bring clicks, they are potentially driving away users who actually want CF content.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
No worries, they are gone now. Thanks for the help. Apparently just creating a thread works.

This has me pondering what other problems might we solve by starting the appropriate thread. There are maybe real possibilities there. :)

How do I get the weather gods to stop hating me?
How do I get a hot French girlfriend?
How do I get the offense to score 40 points this weekend?

Or, sadly, maybe it only works for forum stuff. :(

• Funny
Reactions: stateofmind

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This has me pondering what other problems might we solve by starting the appropriate thread. There are maybe real possibilities there. :)

How do I get the weather gods to stop hating me?
How do I get a hot French girlfriend?
How do I get the offense to score 40 points this weekend?

Or, sadly, maybe it only works for forum stuff. :(

2 sounds like an informative thread