Hilton Magic - An Outsider's Perspective

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I found a blog from a guy that is traveling around to a bunch of basketball arenas throughout the midwest. He's hitting up 26 games in 32 days. Anyway, last night he was in Ames to witness Hilton Magic and he had some really great things to say about Hilton, our fans, and of course, Hilton Magic! Here's just a sample of what the guy said:

There are a lot of great fan bases out there and I’m not saying that Iowa State has the best fans in the country or anything, but there was a distinctive feeling to the way they supported their team. I have never felt it anywhere else, and as I lingered in the arena last night, I felt pretty sure I had found out exactly what Hilton magic was all about.

And here's a link to his blog:
Nothing In Between

Last edited:
Reactions: yCy and Rhoadhoused

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Reminds me of the YouTube video someone posted here after we beat Iowa in Football this season - two buddies who travel to random colllege games just happened to pick the Iowa/ISU game and saw a great one!

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
Very cool! I'm actually glad he didn't fall into the hyperbole of saying "greatest fans ever," it made it sound more sincere and honest. I think all fan bases want to feel that they are somehow better than the others, it's nice to see an outsider call our fans special.
Someone send that to all of our recruits!

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
I have to say as an official old Hilton Magic guy, it felt like old times last night. I was very happy to bring my family to the game, so they can experience what it's like to watch Hilton Magic.

I have said my piece about how it's just not quite there yet. But, I have to say it was there last night. Good job students, good job season ticket holders, good job single ticket buyers. It was a great night.

C

CyBer

For once the old people got loud and stayed loud for about a 7 minute stretch at the end of the game. Good job wrinkly's.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
For once the old people got loud and stayed loud for about a 7 minute stretch at the end of the game. Good job wrinkly's.

And for once the students stopped texting and got loud and stayed loud for about a 7 minute stretch at the end of the game. Good job punks.

Edit: My bad, should have said, "good job punk's."

PS: God, I hope I don't need a jimlad here....

Last edited:
C

CyBer

And for once the students stopped texting and got loud and stayed loud for about a 7 minute stretch at the end of the game. Good job punks.

Edit: My bad, should have said, "good job punk's."

I was afraid the old people forgot how to stand. Clearly they didn't good job outta you wrinkles.

All joking aside though it was really loud in there.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
We are ONE nation. CycloneNation! The wrinkleys and the punks need to remember that! :yes:

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
In my day, it got so loud, the rims would shake when the opposing team shot free throws (2/15/92).

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I found a blog from a guy that is traveling around to a bunch of basketball arenas throughout the midwest. He's hitting up 26 games in 32 days. Anyway, last night he was in Ames to witness Hilton Magic and he had some really great things to say about Hilton, our fans, and of course, Hilton Magic! Here's just a sample of what the guy said:

And here's a link to his blog:
Nothing In Between

Nice catch! I enjoyed his video of the last few seconds of the game!