Hello from Fort Worth!

whitehispanicfrog

Oct 23, 2017
Fort Worth
Hello Cyclones -- Creators of the Electronic Digital Computer, and lovers of all things Corn.

Was very pleased to see you go into Lubbock last Saturday and smack down the tortilla tossers.

Extremely excited for this weekends matchup in Ames.

Hope it's a safe game for both teams with no injuries and that the refs don't factor into the outcome.

Y'all have something special going and I feel like the polls don't reflect your ranking accurately.

Side note, when I was a teen I lived in West Des Moines for a few years in the mid 90s, and in June 1994 my high school buddies and I went up to Cyclone Stadium (hadn't been renamed yet) in Ames for the Pink Floyd concert. Only time I've been in the stadium but I have fond memories. Unfortunately won't be able to make it up this weekend but have some friends that are going.

Lastly, wanted to invite y'all, if you are so inclined, to visit the sports forum I peruse for all things TCU:

http://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php

Should be a fun week leading up to the game!

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Hello Cyclones -- Creators of the Electronic Digital Computer, and lovers of all things Corn.

Was very pleased to see you go into Lubbock last Saturday and smack down the tortilla tossers.

Hope it's a safe game for both teams with no injuries and that the refs don't factor into the outcome.

Ya'll have something special going and I feel like the polls don't reflect your ranking accurately.

Side note, when I was a teen I lived in West Des Moines for a few years in the mid 90s, and in June 1994 my high school buddies and I went up to Cyclone Stadium (hadn't been renamed yet) in Ames for the Pink Floyd concert. Only time I've been in the stadium but I have fond memories. Unfortunately won't be able to make it up this weekend but have some buddies that are going.

Lastly, wanted to invite ya'll, if you are so inclined, to visit the sports forum I peruse for all things TCU:

My parents went to that show. I was pretty pissed I couldn't go.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Ya'll have something special going and I feel like the polls don't reflect your ranking accurately.

Side note, when I was a teen I lived in West Des Moines for a few years in the mid 90s, and in June 1994 my high school buddies and I went up to Cyclone Stadium (hadn't been renamed yet) in Ames for the Pink Floyd concert. Only time I've been in the stadium but I have fond memories. Unfortunately won't be able to make it up this weekend but have some buddies that are going.

Lastly, wanted to invite ya'll, if you are so inclined, to visit the sports forum I peruse for all things TCU:

Welcome WHF!

Good start on the board - I like the term Tortilla Tossers.

One small critique before we get started, if you went to the PF concert in Ames and have fond memories, you didn't do it right. I went but can't remember a thing, can I borrow some?

Great opportunity for both teams to define how the CFB season plays out this weekend. I expect a classic game that is more high scoring some people think. I especially like that OU, OSU and Tejas aren't in the headlines.

We are all feeling pretty giddy now but if you happen to follow ISU football at all you will understand we are always waiting for the shoe to drop. Stick around and you'll find some on here are pretty witty but never too far from reverting to 'Oh S--t, here we go again'.

Best of luck but not too much.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Thanks for the post and link to the TCU board. It's hard not to be impressed by what Patterson has done down there. TCU doesn't get a ton of national exposure for how good they are.

We are riding pretty high right now and are hoping for the upset. TCU is solid on both sides of the ball and can win games multiple ways. We have been able to keep some explosive offenses at bay and are capable of putting a lot of points on the board, so I'm curious to see how this games plays out.

I was also at that Pink Floyd show in '94, BTW. Maybe you remember me. I was the drunk guy with a bunch of other drunk people.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014

prepare-your-cornhole.jpg

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
So this guy shows up with a unique and fun username, knows something about ISU, and doesn't say anything trollish right away before our battle for first place.

Did we migrate to a new board without telling me?
I mean, a good and decent thread for this one? Where are we?

When you couple this with the thread started by the Tech poster, it seems awfully suspicious.

For a dose of reality, take a stroll over to ISR forum. It's the two handed reality slap you're looking for.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and TykeClone

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

You were a teen in the mid-90s and are only now a Undergraduate Student? kudos whitehispanic

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron