Harris national defensive POW

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
... Peavy and Tucker were great too.

Those two players, especially the big guy, had big games along with Levi. The D overall should be very proud of their effort against the five star Texas kids.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Great honor for Harris! Awesome!

As other posters have said, Tucker, Peavy, Harris - they were all fantastic. That was a really good defense out there last week with the right game plan against Texas. Hope we can change up the defensive game plan a little this week to match OU. Their QB can throw, unlike Texas'. I really hope we blitz more to make him throw quick. Please Wally! Bring some heat!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I know Tribune is getting a lot of crap for the drops, but he was in great position to have those opportunities. Whole defense played well.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I know Tribune is getting a lot of crap for the drops, but he was in great position to have those opportunities. Whole defense played well.
4 drops, 3 of them had potential to be pick 6's, great defender, great players, not a great receiver(hence CB).... Hehehehe, He is really playing awesome, and it hurt way more in the Baylor game imo.....

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Tucker might still be chasing someone. He was relentless like the Royals.

This is a good honor. Harris was really good Saturday.
Tucker is near the program changer level in the sense he makes this defense go. TT is the only bad game by the defense imo, and TT has done that to far too many good defenses for it to be incriminating. A healthy Tucker probably has us at least 1 more win right now.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I was starting to feel sheepish for all my sunshine pumping about this defense, so this shutout was the green light I needed to get my kool aid chugging kick started again.

Another guy lost in all the great play by Harris, Tucker, Peavey, Peters etc. was Jones. He was making some great open field tackles. I'm really impressed on his ability in one on one situations that would've meant big plays the last two years.

Another shout out to Cotton. He has had some rough games in pass coverage, but he has been really good in run support.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I was starting to feel sheepish for all my sunshine pumping about this defense, so this shutout was the green light I needed to get my kool aid chugging kick started again.

Another guy lost in all the great play by Harris, Tucker, Peavey, Peters etc. was Jones. He was making some great open field tackles. I'm really impressed on his ability in one on one situations that would've meant big plays the last two years.

Another shout out to Cotton. He has had some rough games in pass coverage, but he has been really good in run support.

Good call on Cotton. He has been the goat for some big plays in the passing game but was really good against Texas. If he wasn't in such a pass happy league he would be thought of as a really good player.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Tucker might still be chasing someone. He was relentless like the Royals.

This is a good honor. Harris was really good Saturday.

Dude Demond Tucker could play FB. The way he chased after TB2 and Swoopes was just ridiculous. One of these days he's going to obliterate someone (He sort of did against TTU).

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It was fun when Tucker ran down whichever qb it was from behind and dove at his feet just enough to bring him down. Guy with the Hook 'em Horns shirt ahead of us was all "WTF, run down by a guy hauling three bills.":biglaugh:

Help Support Us

Become a patron