Harris Leaving WVU

EERwax

Nov 27, 2013
Morgantown/Keyser, W. Va.
Huggins runs off another one. Huggins doesn't have "it" anymore but I don't think he sees that. Good thing he has a lifetime contract to keep doing this over and over....

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Huggins runs off another one. Huggins doesn't have "it" anymore but I don't think he sees that. Good thing he has a lifetime contract to keep doing this over and over....

I could be way off base with this, but I think the Huggins story could turn out to be "Larry Eustachy - the sequel".

He has always been hard on his teams but there seems to be a lot more players lately that don't want to play for him.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Some Iowa fans think they have a shot at him.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64687&p=1291822#post1291822

Trade one mediocre team with a hothead coach for another.

As a player, why would you pick the Hawks? I mean, if you had other options. Hothead coach. Less playing time. No chance to get in a rhythm offensively. I just don't get how Hawk fans think what they have to offer would entice a transfer. In my opinion, they want to go somewhere that will showcase their skills. Frequent rotations don't allow for that.

That being said, he would be a great "get" for the Hawks. They need someone who could carry a team. While I think Harris is good, playing with Staten might make you look better than you really are too.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
KSU is not going to suck. They only lose Spradling and Southwell. Marcus Foster is a beast. TCU is going to be a lot better. Oklahoma State is going to be significantly worse.
Yep, no teams in the Big 12 will suck next year.
If Nash returns for Ok St, they will still be okay. Forte, Nash, Murphy, Cobbins, Williams, perhaps Clark, and two or three top-100 recruits is a decent squad.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Huge loss for WVU. Also, this is one recruit that bucks the "this guy is transfering, will Fred get him?" trend. Pretty sure we can rule that one out.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Huge loss for WVU. Also, this is one recruit that bucks the "this guy is transfering, will Fred get him?" trend. Pretty sure we can rule that one out.
In his press release he said he wanted to be closer to home and little brother.

If he goes to Iowa he could be both closer to home and be on a little brother basketball team.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
In his press release he said he wanted to be closer to home and little brother.

If he goes to Iowa he could be both closer to home and be on a little brother basketball team.

Well, he would be about 18 miles closer.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
This league has three potential top 15 teams in Texas, Kansas, and yours truly, Iowa State. Oklahoma State and Baylor won't suck, Tech is finally going to be somewhat relevant. The only teams that will suck in the league next year are WVU, KSU, and TCU. And the former two won't suck THAT much.

Please. We lose our two best players next year. Will be picked 10th in the Big 12 next year. Only partially kidding, I think we are starting to gather a little respect but that USA Today poll still bugs me.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
“I’ll share this with you, I voted for him first team all-america. I think he is the best point guard in the country. What he does for us at both ends of the floor. We’re in the best league in America and here is a guy who has been first or second in scoring, he’s led in assists, is first or second in assist to turnover ratio, he’s in the top 15 in rebounding, he’s in the top 5, I think, in field goal percentage.

I think old Bobby knows he's not first

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not sure I would pick Indiana if it were me. They are going to be bad again next year and Crean will be fired.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I love the continued comments there about how they're too good to take transfers. I've never seen such a pompous and hypocritical bunch of numskulls.

I also thoroughly enjoy fans of the school that signed Anthony Hubbard making thug comments in regards to our transfers.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yep, no teams in the Big 12 will suck next year.
If Nash returns for Ok St, they will still be okay. Forte, Nash, Murphy, Cobbins, Williams, perhaps Clark, and two or three top-100 recruits is a decent squad.

I'll respond to this with what should be CW's new dead horse line to kick - "Travis Ford is Travis Ford is Travis Ford."

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I realize it is an assumption that he is blocked from heading to another Big XII school, but can anyone confirm that Huggy Bear put this requirement into place? Talk about a guy that fits our system....

I'd rather not. Still haven't forgiven him for trying to karate chop Monte's head off.