Harris Leaving WVU

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
This league has three potential top 15 teams in Texas, Kansas, and yours truly, Iowa State. Oklahoma State and Baylor won't suck, Tech is finally going to be somewhat relevant. The only teams that will suck in the league next year are WVU, KSU, and TCU. And the former two won't suck THAT much.

KSU is not going to suck. They only lose Spradling and Southwell. Marcus Foster is a beast. TCU is going to be a lot better. Oklahoma State is going to be significantly worse.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
KSU is not going to suck. They only lose Spradling and Southwell. Marcus Foster is a beast. TCU is going to be a lot better. Oklahoma State is going to be significantly worse.

That doesn't mean they aren't going to suck. I'm guessing 2-3 Big XII wins, but they're still going to suck.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
B12 needs to show a better TV market on ESPN next year. Too many games were pigeon holded to a small market. Need to be more national for recruiting.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
harris says he wants to get closer to home, indy. so butler or the big10 would be best guess.

Indy is pretty much center mass for the Big 10, but less than half of the schools in the conference are closer to Indy than Morgantown is (359 miles). It will be interesting to see where he lands...will he be geographically challenged like Justin Hamilton was? ;)

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Winning a Big12 title has 0% to do with how good WVU is and 100% to do with how good Kansas is.

KU has won or tied 12 times straight. Need to bust that up first.

WVU was supposed to be in the top 3 next year. They returned everyone. They hadas good of a shot as us.

We want teams to be good but definitely not as good as us. This is good for us. Now, if TCU had players leaving or Tech was getting worse, that would be bad. That is where your conference can hurt you.

Baylor and OSU are perfect examples this year.

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
This league has three potential top 15 teams in Texas, Kansas, and yours truly, Iowa State. Oklahoma State and Baylor won't suck, Tech is finally going to be somewhat relevant. The only teams that will suck in the league next year are WVU, KSU, and TCU. And the former two won't suck THAT much.

Not sure if we're Top 15 next year, even with the studs we return and the transfers in waiting. Unless the oft-rumored but never-named stud transfer that can play immediately can further offset the loss of Kane/Ejim, I don't see our current crop of transfers as direct and equal replacements. We're probably Top 25, but I have to reserve judgement for any higher ranking until the team plays a game (one reason I hate pre-season and early-season polls).

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
harris says he wants to get closer to home, indy. so butler or the big10 would be best guess.

I hate when they use this as an excuse. Morgantown is 5.5 hours from Indy. Really, closer to home? I think he knows Staten is leaving and he doesn't want to be on a ***** team next year so he's going to transfer to someone who can compete. Indiana, Louisville, Kentucky, Cincy are all within 2.5 hours, give 15 minutes for a pee break.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Considering Indiana has a couple of kids transferring, I'd guess in a couple of years he'll be punching out gingers in the B1G.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
Yes it helps. But we already have tough teams in the Big 12, we don't need TCU, TT and WV to be good. It's nice to have some teams we can count on for guaranteed wins.

I get where you're coming from, but I would rather earn those wins rather than have them written off as cupcake games. I'll never root for other teams to regress simply so we can look better by comparison.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Man, Indiana has really taken a turn for the worst. Vonleh just announced he'll enter the draft and with the loss of Hollowell and Etherington, you have to wonder what's going on. They were already getting anxious and this certainly won't help.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I love the continued comments there about how they're too good to take transfers. I've never seen such a pompous and hypocritical bunch of numskulls.