Harbaugh leaving. Let the games begin.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I would be more worried about a top coach from a decent job leaving for mich and MC taking that than MC getting the mich job.

I hate to break it to you guys, but a guy that just lost to two G5 teams on his way to barely getting to 7 wins with like a 1-8 record against the big rival is not something you can sell to a donor base or fan base. Throw in the Drake game and other head scratching losses and he ain’t it. No big ten, no sec. They don’t need to scrape that barrel.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Sorry, only in CMC's wildest dreams is he a candidate for the Michigan job right now. The fan base/donor base of the reigning national champion will not/would not allow it. Not. A. Chance.
Sherrone Moore will be announced in a week

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I’ve heard from fairly reliable sources that Michigan is one of the few jobs CMC would consider leaving for, but agree with posters here that he’s not going to be on their short list. A few years ago maybe, but feel like that shine has worn off a bit.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I’ve heard from fairly reliable sources that Michigan is one of the few jobs CMC would consider leaving for, but agree with posters here that he’s not going to be on their short list. A few years ago maybe, but feel like that shine has worn off a bit.
After the big ISU season and harbaugh being unable to beat OSU there was a large portion of the fan base and alumni who wanted CMC.

However as you mentioned that was several years ago, their respective trajectories have flipped a bit and that desire just isn’t there anymore with what Michigan has accomplished. CMC is still an excellent coach but is in a weird spot where he would probably only leave for an elite job but right now wouldn’t be asked to take on an elite job.

• Winner
Reactions: twincyties

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
Kind of bummed Campbell isn't being floated by more national guys for the job. I live for that offseason twisting of the nuts man. Is Campbell out of gas? Is the rot really setting in? Not sure what to do without my nuts in a vise grip in January/February..

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I hate to break it to you guys, but a guy that just lost to two G5 teams on his way to barely getting to 7 wins with like a 1-8 record against the big rival is not something you can sell to a donor base or fan base. Throw in the Drake game and other head scratching losses and he ain’t it. No big ten, no sec. They don’t need to scrape that barrel.

I hate to break it to you, Campbell is still held highly regarded among athletic directors across the country, no matter how you or other posters here feel about him.