Happy Gilmore 2

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I think That's My Boy and Don't mess with the Zohan were fricking hillarious....

Even Little Nicky which gets alot of grief I don't hate. I found a podcast called Adam Sandler Please Stop by so called Sandler fans who attack his movies because they aren't oscar masterpieces.

In little Nicky they say Sandler at the end brings up Farley which he does in a great way that tributes him not makes fun of him.

They also did reviews of his audio comedy albums and they hated The Goat which is blasphemy because that track in Iconic.

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames
I've always been a fan though there have been several that I didn't like. I'd say a couple under-rated that I like that are post "Happy Gilmore" and "Wedding Singer" are "Mr. Deeds" and "Anger Management". Of somewhat recent history "Pixels" and "Bedtime Stories" were entertaining.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Ironically, Sandler's best acting has actually been in non-comedies recently. Uncut Gems was a good acting job. I haven't watched Spaceman. In terms of no-brainer, just watch and enjoy without standards, I actually found Hubie Halloween to be decent.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
Ironically, Sandler's best acting has actually been in non-comedies recently. Uncut Gems was a good acting job. I haven't watched Spaceman. In terms of no-brainer, just watch and enjoy without standards, I actually found Hubie Halloween to be decent.
I really liked Uncut Gems, it took me a while through the movie to take him seriously I was constantly waiting for a punch line. But I thought it was really solid.

Reactions: Jer

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
He stopped trying after those early gems with Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Water Boy, Big Daddy, Wedding Singer, but I get it, he was already made.

I just feel his last several movies were so bad that I can't even remember the last good funny movie that hes done.

• Agree
Reactions: NorthCyd

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I was a teen/early 20s when Sandler was at his peak in movies and loved his time at SNL when I wasn’t old enough to drive around on Saturday nights yet. i also had They’re All Going To Laugh At You on play non stop but yet hidden from my parents. I will forever have a spot for his movies regardless just due to how much his stuff shaped my humor and taste in comedy. Who knows if this will be goo but I’m 100% in!!

Id hate to think of the amount of times my friends and I quoted a Sandler one liner every day.

Stop looking at me swan!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He stopped trying after those early gems with Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Water Boy, Big Daddy, Wedding Singer, but I get it, he was already made.

I just feel his last several movies were so bad that I can't even remember the last good funny movie that hes done.
This is where I'm at. Loved most of those movies you listed, but it started to go downhill with Little Nicky and Big Daddy for me. Last movie I paid to see of his was Grown Ups. Thought for sure it had to be hilarious with that cast. It's the closest I've ever been to leaving a movie I paid for early. I was at the Newton drive in with some friends and drinks on a nice summer evening so just made the best of it. If I had been in a theater I probably would have left. I loved Happy Gilmore, but unless people seem to genuinely enjoy this sequel I can't see myself bothering with this one.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
th

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I was a teen/early 20s when Sandler was at his peak in movies and loved his time at SNL when I wasn’t old enough to drive around on Saturday nights yet. i also had They’re All Going To Laugh At You on play non stop but yet hidden from my parents. I will forever have a spot for his movies regardless just due to how much his stuff shaped my humor and taste in comedy. Who knows if this will be goo but I’m 100% in!!

Id hate to think of the amount of times my friends and I quoted a Sandler one liner every day.

Stop looking at me swan!
Nudey magazine day! Same. His humor was formative to me and shaped my humor. Some of the jokes look pretty dumb and sophomoric to the "sophisticated" and "refined" adult I have become (or pretend to be), but man I still laugh at them and the movie quotes are like a secret language between pals of my youth.

Ah....nostalgia for my youth....

I will totally watch this when it comes out regardless of how bad it might be with 50-some year old Adam Sandler rehashing his stuff.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
This is where I'm at. Loved most of those movies you listed, but it started to go downhill with Little Nicky and Big Daddy for me. Last movie I paid to see of his was Grown Ups. Thought for sure it had to be hilarious with that cast. It's the closest I've ever been to leaving a movie I paid for early. I was at the Newton drive in with some friends and drinks on a nice summer evening so just made the best of it. If I had been in a theater I probably would have left. I loved Happy Gilmore, but unless people seem to genuinely enjoy this sequel I can't see myself bothering with this one.
Yeah agree. I get it, he grew out of that playful immature humor and obviously became a dad and had to grow up sometime. His voice isn't even the same, but like another said, it shaped who I was in my teens and 20's lol. Now, any movie he makes I go into it with low expectations. I couldn't even sit to watch uncut gems.

Do over was ok. Blended was ok. That's my boy was ok. I liked the remake in Longest yard. But you have to go back further for great movies, not just ok movies.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Yeah agree. I get it, he grew out of that playful immature humor and obviously became a dad and had to grow up sometime. His voice isn't even the same, but like another said, it shaped who I was in my teens and 20's lol. Now, any movie he makes I go into it with low expectations. I couldn't even sit to watch uncut gems.

Do over was ok. Blended was ok. That's my boy was ok. I liked the remake in Longest yard. But you have to go back further for great movies, not just ok movies.

What are some your favorite recent comedies?

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Love the Sand Man! With this long a career there's bound to be good and bad. Agree with most about nostalgia of forming my youth with his comedy on SNL and films. If you've never asked a golf ball if it's "too good for it's home" or had a shampoo vs conditioner conversation in the shower, then you're doing it wrong.

I also appreciate he's still loyal to his friends for the comedies and I'm sure Spade, Schneider, Meadows, etc. are grateful too. He seems like a genuine guy who's not lost on being a "Hollywood Star" and still maybe a little of an outsider there.

Help Support Us

Become a patron