Happy Gilmore 2

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
Is Sandler having money problems, or does he just make really poor decisions with his choice in what he does? He’s out out a lot of duds lately. Approaching Nicolas Cage levels.
Celebrity Networth says he is worth 440 million dollars and makes 20 million a movie so don’t think it’s that. Probably does them to support his former SNL buddies

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yeah....remember Dumb and Dumber 2? it tried, but you realize the original is what it is as it was so pure.

Sandler is good and has made some EXCELLENT movies (Grown Ups, his dramas, etc)...but certainly could be easy to "pander" to the old jokes, etc.

Just coming to say this. Coming out with a sequel so far down the line didn't far well for coming to America and dumb and Dumber but I will watch it.

Reactions: CapnCy

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I know exactly what I'm going to get when I turn on an Adam Sandler movie, and I almost always like it.

This. I think you have to know with Sandler it's not going to be Oscar material but can you enjoy them absolutely most of the time.

Jack and Jill is an abomination.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Or he likes making movies.

This...I think it was Spade that came out with a "defense" of Sandler (maybe when Grown Ups 2 came out??) saying "Adam knows exactly what he is doing and he is trying to make people laugh and feel good". I get that...appreciate that...I don't need every movie to be Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan. Sometimes I just need something stupid/funny that makes me laugh my backside off! Sandler is usually pretty good at doing that!

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Whether or not Happy Gilmore 2 is good or not, remains to be seen. Sandler is absolutely killing it and is one of the wealthiest in Hollywood.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Before he signed the deal with Netflix to make movies on the beach with his friends. No shade at him, I'd have done the same if offered. Especially if it included scene after scene with Jennifer Anniston.

When did this happen?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
You think Grown Ups was an EXCELLENT movie?!

let-people-enjoy-things-enjoy-things.png

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Or he likes making movies.

Yeah the bad ones are nothing against Sandler: you work when you can and if people like them enough he's got a great gig.

His movies usually look pretty low budget and it seems like the folks in them enjoy it.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah the bad ones are nothing against Sandler: you work when you can and if people like them enough he's got a great gig.

His movies usually look pretty low budget and it seems like the folks in them enjoy it.
And with blockbuster comedies pretty much dead, it's a nice gig to have

This would probably be the biggest risk for a happy Gilmore sequel. Comedy films just aren't selling at the box office the way they used to because people prefer to just wait until they hits streaming and the value offered by seeing a movie in a theater isn't worth what it costs these days for a movie without big effects

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They are nothing like the Billy Madison or OG Gilmore movies but it would very much make me sad if Sandler stopped making movies. If you remember what your watching and don't take it seriously or for what it's not, I can always get some level of entertainment from them. Sandler knows exactly what he's doing and will likely keep hitting the cheat code in Hollywood until the day he dies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron