Happy Gilmore 2

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Celebrity Networth says he is worth 440 million dollars and makes 20 million a movie so don’t think it’s that. Probably does them to support his former SNL buddies
His friends at Happy Madison Productions as well. It doesn't help his credibility as an actor, but it's great business move to keep swinging at everything coming across the plate.

Reactions: Texbudman

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Ironically, Sandler's best acting has actually been in non-comedies recently. Uncut Gems was a good acting job. I haven't watched Spaceman. In terms of no-brainer, just watch and enjoy without standards, I actually found Hubie Halloween to be decent.

My wife & I watch this every year around Halloween & find it pretty funny. Unbelievably stupid movie but does have a bit of that old charm of Sandler playing a ridiculous character.

Hard to blame the guy for cashing in. Obviously he doesn't take himself or his films super seriously, so I'm not sure why the audience for these movies should.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU and Jer

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I really liked this interview with Kathy Bates about how she almost turned down The Waterboy but her niece talked her into it. All this time later I don’t know who they could have gotten to play Mama like she did.

• Love
Reactions: Cytasticlone

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Is Sandler having money problems, or does he just make really poor decisions with his choice in what he does? He’s out out a lot of duds lately. Approaching Nicolas Cage levels.
Sandler? No, but his buddies like Schneider could be. He has them in every movie.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Ironically, Sandler's best acting has actually been in non-comedies recently. Uncut Gems was a good acting job. I haven't watched Spaceman. In terms of no-brainer, just watch and enjoy without standards, I actually found Hubie Halloween to be decent.
He was great in Uncut Gems but god did I hate that movie. There wasn't a single likeable character.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Any comedy within the last 5-10 years.
Honestly, haven't watched many movies the last several years, but maybe some netflix stuff here and there. I had to look up comedies to even see what comedies I may have seen over the last 5 years. I do not recognize a lot of them that are considered comedies.
Some netflix that I've seen that were decent: The man from Toronto. Red notice. You people. No hard feelings (Lawrence does a good job in this).

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I don't mind that movie. I've got one son who has to watch it 2-3 times at halloween and another one that hates it.

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
Happy Gilmore 2--if Paige Spiranac and/or Grace Charis are part of the cast, yeah, I'll be watching. Paige wouldn't surprise me actually, sounds like a wise marketing choice.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
I was a teen/early 20s when Sandler was at his peak in movies and loved his time at SNL when I wasn’t old enough to drive around on Saturday nights yet. i also had They’re All Going To Laugh At You on play non stop but yet hidden from my parents. I will forever have a spot for his movies regardless just due to how much his stuff shaped my humor and taste in comedy. Who knows if this will be goo but I’m 100% in!!

Id hate to think of the amount of times my friends and I quoted a Sandler one liner every day.

Stop looking at me swan!
If I'm ever playing golf, darts, etc... with my friends, we've failed if there isn't at least one "Somebody's closer" quote thrown out there. In the correct voice obvs.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Where he kind of lost me for a bit was probably around 2010 or whenever he put out Jack and Jill. Also really didn't like the Grown Up series, but probably those more so due to the time of life I was in, not grown up quite yet, so feel like they didn't connect with me and failed to live up to what I expected from a Sandler movie at the time.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
That was a action/adventure/drama. Comedies are a much different animal especially considering what has happened to the comedy genre in the last 5 years or so.
True, but there's also a case where what we found funny 10-15 years ago, most directors won't touch in todays world because everyone is so offended about every little thing. It would be a diaster.

I thought **** Blocked (excuse me if that word is not allowed on a movie title lol) was decent and I laughed pretty well in JLaw's latest comedy, but it just seems like we could use another good run of comedies in this decade.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
True, but there's also a case where what we found funny 10-15 years ago, most directors won't touch in todays world because everyone is so offended about every little thing. It would be a diaster.

I thought **** Blocked (excuse me if that word is not allowed on a movie title lol) was decent and I laughed pretty well in JLaw's latest comedy, but it just seems like we could use another good run of comedies in this decade.

I love comedies...and haven't laughed as much in a theater since the time I went to see Superbad! I get comedy isn't for everyone...but I honestly had tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard! Great to feel that way for 90 minutes or so!

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron