Hakeem Butler Cut

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Maybe we'll see him in a barnstormer uniform!

kansascy

Apr 28, 2006
Wichita, KS

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
For Hakeems sake I hope not... We watched that dude make so many incredible catches, way too good to be playing in Wells Fargo Arena lol
I agree, but it would be kinda fun! I dont think there is any chance that happens anyways.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Reactions: cyclone1209

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's too bad but if NFL coaching couldn't get him there I'm not sure it's going to happen.

Still a HUGE part of getting ISU up and going so always going to look fondly on that.

Reactions: khardbored

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
There were a lot of people saying Bailey would make a roster and I just didn’t understand it at all. Love the dude, hope I’m ultimately wrong, but I didn’t feel like he was anywhere close to an NFL talent.

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesFTW

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Yeah, I've seen 2 pre-season games. JaQuan has had a lot of reps but hasn't looked like he can make an impact vs. NFL offensive lines. I hope I'm wrong; I'm sure he's working his tail off to get better. I haven't seen any reports that hype him. Maybe he can stick on the PS.
On another note, Willie Harvey is back on a roster.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
There were a lot of people saying Bailey would make a roster and I just didn’t understand it at all. Love the dude, hope I’m ultimately wrong, but I didn’t feel like he was anywhere close to an NFL talent.
3rd team All America and an All Big 12 pick by the coaches.

I don't know, pulling he makes it. He made a tackle in the limited action i saw in their blowout loss to NE.

For Hakeem i feel bad because I think it was a between the ears issue / perhaps maturity issue. One more extra college year could have been huge for him but hindsight is 20/20

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
He felt like a classic Iowa State overachieving type of player. Like Deshaunte Jones, Lanning, Peavy, etc.

A player we got high production from, so because of that you expected they would have some chance at the next level. But ultimately, they just didn’t have the athleticism to make it in the next level.

The NFL still screwed up assuming this with Lazard, though.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
3rd team All America and an All Big 12 pick by the coaches.

I don't know, pulling he makes it. He made a tackle in the limited action i saw in their blowout loss to NE.

For Hakeem i feel bad because I think it was a between the ears issue / perhaps maturity issue. One more extra college year could have been huge for him but hindsight is 20/20
All conference accolades are not what scouts look at. Otherwise Joel Lanning would have been a first round pick.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Bailey has a motor and enough athleticism to give college tackles issues, but he doesn't have the explosiveness or length to be an NFL guy. He's one of my favorites and will always be a guy I associate with the beginning of the Campbell era.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron