Greetings from Utah!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Don't worry, @JM4CY only speaks Gif! His English is severely limited!

:)
true-its-true.gif

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Hello All! We were visited by a few of your friends at utefans.net last week and were invited to take a look around here.

Hopefully you'll tolerate Utah fans once you get to know us. X/Twitter is a cesspool of the worst. I apologize for a couple fools behavior over there who are making people believe they represent Utah. It couldn't be further from the truth!

I am relieved that Utah survived the last few months, but I’m still sad at the loss of the PAC12, especially as someone who lives on the western end. I know we have only been in the conference since 2011, but it’s been our home, we worked very hard to get there and now we are being forced to abandon. I do wish the PAC12 was still alive. I might dislike USC, but I loved playing them and we had a small, budding rivalry with them. I also feel awful for WSU and OSU. When I see them, I’m sorta reminded of Utah from 2004-2014.

It’s also strange because lots of BIG12 fans are acting like we are ungrateful by being upset or sad at the move. I’m absolutely grateful to the BIG12 for giving us a lifeboat, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be sad that the ship sunk.

I'm positive the Big 12 will work for us in terms of excitement, and I’ll say some positive things about our future opponents and games.

Iowa State: I grew to really like the basketball program through Jeff Hornacek. I had the pleasure of watching them when they came to the Salt Lake Regional in the NCAA tournament. I look forward to the Utes getting their butts kicked by them the next few years. The 2010 football game was a crazy one! Reggie Dunn taking it 100 yds on a 3rd quarter kickoff, and Utah putting up 239 yds rushing.

BYU: this is one of the most underrated rivalries in the whole country, and instantly becomes one of the biggest rivalries in the BIG12. The uniform matchup is also the best in CFB (suck it USC and FUCLA).

TCU: I am so excited for this game to be back again. If there is any program that has mirrored Utah for the past 20 years, it’s TCU. They also have some of my favorite uniforms in the whole country.

Arizona, ASU, Colorado: I know these teams aren’t the best in regards to football, but I’m glad they bring a semblance of familiarity to the transition. Colorado is also technically a rival too lmao.

TTU and Cincinnati: Uniform color bros! I’m excited to see what uniforms we wear against each other lol.

Oklahoma State: They are another team that is identical to Utah in a way. I’m excited to see Whitt and Gundy play against each other! Whitt’s overall record is 154-74, with an 11-5 bowl record. Gundy’s overall record is 156-75, with an 11-6 bowl record. That is frighteningly similar lol.

The Utes should come into the conference with a pretty deep team. I'm looking forward to how we stack up week in week out.

**** off

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
Hello All! We were visited by a few of your friends at utefans.net last week and were invited to take a look around here.

Hopefully you'll tolerate Utah fans once you get to know us. X/Twitter is a cesspool of the worst. I apologize for a couple fools behavior over there who are making people believe they represent Utah. It couldn't be further from the truth!

I am relieved that Utah survived the last few months, but I’m still sad at the loss of the PAC12, especially as someone who lives on the western end. I know we have only been in the conference since 2011, but it’s been our home, we worked very hard to get there and now we are being forced to abandon. I do wish the PAC12 was still alive. I might dislike USC, but I loved playing them and we had a small, budding rivalry with them. I also feel awful for WSU and OSU. When I see them, I’m sorta reminded of Utah from 2004-2014.

It’s also strange because lots of BIG12 fans are acting like we are ungrateful by being upset or sad at the move. I’m absolutely grateful to the BIG12 for giving us a lifeboat, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be sad that the ship sunk.

I'm positive the Big 12 will work for us in terms of excitement, and I’ll say some positive things about our future opponents and games.

Iowa State: I grew to really like the basketball program through Jeff Hornacek. I had the pleasure of watching them when they came to the Salt Lake Regional in the NCAA tournament. I look forward to the Utes getting their butts kicked by them the next few years. The 2010 football game was a crazy one! Reggie Dunn taking it 100 yds on a 3rd quarter kickoff, and Utah putting up 239 yds rushing.

BYU: this is one of the most underrated rivalries in the whole country, and instantly becomes one of the biggest rivalries in the BIG12. The uniform matchup is also the best in CFB (suck it USC and FUCLA).

TCU: I am so excited for this game to be back again. If there is any program that has mirrored Utah for the past 20 years, it’s TCU. They also have some of my favorite uniforms in the whole country.

Arizona, ASU, Colorado: I know these teams aren’t the best in regards to football, but I’m glad they bring a semblance of familiarity to the transition. Colorado is also technically a rival too lmao.

TTU and Cincinnati: Uniform color bros! I’m excited to see what uniforms we wear against each other lol.

Oklahoma State: They are another team that is identical to Utah in a way. I’m excited to see Whitt and Gundy play against each other! Whitt’s overall record is 154-74, with an 11-5 bowl record. Gundy’s overall record is 156-75, with an 11-6 bowl record. That is frighteningly similar lol.

The Utes should come into the conference with a pretty deep team. I'm looking forward to how we stack up week in week out.
Ehhhhh I like you openness and honesty. So when will you come here and tailgate? I’ll introduce you to Busch Light!!!!

Reactions: uteman1011

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
To our new western Big 12 brothers, AU, ASU, BYU, UU, as well as our Texas teams, you may be able to see a ring of fire solar eclipse in Oct.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I'm sure most Utah fans are fine, but damn your twitter fans are almost as obnixious as Iowa fans. The Holy War is a nice addition to the conference.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I respect someone who can joke about themselves. I say that as a guy that grew up in a fly-over state and I'm proud of it.

I understand being sad about the demise of the Pac 12. I wish the Big 8 were still viable.

I'm also a Stanford alum and I really don't see a lot of good alternatives for the Cardinal. I'm happy the Utes have joined us. Good luck, till you play the Clones.

Do you know how to tell if someone is vegan?
Don't worry, they'll tell you.
Do you know how to tell if someone is a black belt?
Do you know how to tell if someone went to Stanford?

Had to bust your chops a bit, think someone else did in another thread too. FWIW, I love this joke and tell it often, because I am a black belt lolol.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010

Utah is a great addition. Looking back to the expansion process I think I can appreciate Utah's loyalty to the league since joining the PAC helped continue to elevate their program. Maybe its a perspective in hindsight Big 12 fans can appreciate.

mark82

Jun 19, 2006
Do you know how to tell if someone is vegan?
Do you know how to tell if someone is a black belt?
Do you know how to tell if someone went to Stanford?

Had to bust your chops a bit, think someone else did in another thread too. FWIW, I love this joke and tell it often, because I am a black belt lolol.
No problem. It's funny.

During the missile crisis I was genuinely worried where ISU would land. I'm glad the Clones landed in a stable conference.

I've followed Stanford since the days of John Elway. Like ISU, they had some lean years since. But I never saw a situation where Stanford would end up on the outside looking in. However, that is where they are.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
No problem. It's funny.

During the missile crisis I was genuinely worried where ISU would land. I'm glad the Clones landed in a stable conference.

I've followed Stanford since the days of John Elway. Like ISU, they had some lean years since. But I never saw a situation where Stanford would end up on the outside looking in. However, that is where they are.

Stanford/Iowa my favorite Rose Bowl game ever.:)

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
No problem. It's funny.

Yeah when the perennial Director's Cup winner is suddenly "demoted" it really says a lot about what's wrong with the world.

Would it make sense for them to go independent? Is that practical/feasible? They could likely arrange non-rev sports heavily into the WCC or MWC. I'd think they could get enough FB games here and there (maybe 2-3 from the old PAC, 2-3 from the MWC, ND, some buy games) to make it work. What do you think is going to shake out?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is it OK to continue referring to you as the University of Deseret (whatever that is)?

Are there really tarantulas on campus?

What's up with funeral potatoes and green jello with carrots?

Sure, the University of Utah has a large genome mapping project but has it ever had G-Nomes on top of any of their buildings?
G-Nome_1.jpeg

Are you proud that the Dutch Oven is the official state cooking pot of Utah? The rest of us generally use a different definition of the Dutch oven.

Since there is a law against hunting elephants in Utah, how many people do you know that have been trampled by elephants?

TIL Utah is the largest manufacturer of rubber chickens in the US. How many rubber chickens do you buy a year?

Which of the other 4 corner states do you hate the most?

Roseanne Barr has lived in both Iowa and Utah. Are you more proud of her than we are?

Can you introduce me to Juliann Hough and her thighs?

Utah is the youngest state in the country. Why are you pro euthanization?

How many of the 40,000 polygamists in Utah do you personally know?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron