Grandstaff Visiting in August

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good to see ISU reach out, but if we don't get him, time to focus on others who want to be apart of ISU.

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
Can a mod update the name of the thread to say he has opened up his recruitment?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
From a father's perspective, I didn't think it was that bad. Like agclone said, he may just be trying to take some of the heat off his son for de-committing (every fan-base LOVES de-commits).

I thought this series of quotes was funny:

"I’ve always felt like he could play anywhere in the country.” “There are a lot of schools out there that I think he has a chance to play at,” he said “We probably jumped the gun too early.”

In other words, "We realized that we could do better than Travis Ford and Oklahoma State."

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I thought it sounded bad and I'm a father. That said, not everything sounds like what it actually is. It's Fred's well paid problem to worry about prospect's parents, not mine.

You have to at least give them props for not being stupid enough to remain committed to Ford.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I thought it sounded bad and I'm a father. That said, not everything sounds like what it actually is. It's Fred's well paid problem to worry about prospect's parents, not mine.

You have to at least give them props for not being stupid enough to remain committed to Ford.

This, wouldn't blame anyone for finally seeing how bad of a coach Ford is and thinking they'd be better served somewhere else. Much luck to him wherever he ends up. No doubt in my mind that if Fred does pull him in that he could handle any baggage that came along with him.

For some reason though I thought there was talk of him really wanting to go to Duke wanting to hold out for a Duke offer before his out of the blue OSU signing. Wonder if coach K came calling now if he'd jump on that bandwagon.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Sure sounds like they want the highest profile school they can play basketball at.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Sure sounds like they want the highest profile school they can play basketball at.

I agree with your perception. Hard to read most of that and 'not' think they're wanting more top notch schools to come courting. To me, that means 'someone elite' out there, or its back to OkieState. Not sure he would consider another Big12 school. Guess future visits will be the only indication. Lets just hope if he does put us back into consideration, he really means it, and its not just smoke or an extended list, thus dragging our coaches through the stress of it all.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Grandstaff would be an absolute tremendous get!!! I hope we land him. The kid can shoot lights out!

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Kid just tweeted he got an offer from Washington (T.J's on him). Seriously, though, is this kid going to tweet out every offer he gets (which will be many)? Because how could they all be elite 'enough'???...so says dad.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Dumpster. Fire.

LBt6j.gif

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Kid just tweeted he got an offer from Washington (T.J's on him). Seriously, though, is this kid going to tweet out every offer he gets (which will be many)? Because how could they all be elite 'enough'???...so says dad.
HeliDad probably runs the tweet site.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
There is a clause in his contract about APR, which I heard is low, so he could get fired because of that.

Boosters will pay a player or 2 a million bucks to flunk out of school and everyone wins.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Kids tweet offers all of the time. Usually with #blessed or #humblebrag or #lookatme!

Status
Not open for further replies.