Grandstaff Visiting in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
should have been in the final four this year if the refs had not screwed ISU.

ISU only has itself to blame for not beating OSU. Don't throw the ball away with a lead and less than a minute to play or corral the defensive rebound in a tie game under twenty and things might have been different. Then Arizona and WSU would have given ISU everything they wanted and more in the next two rounds. If Babb was gimpy, ISU wasn't going to the Final Four. Probably wouldn't have made it even with a healthy team.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
ISU only has itself to blame for not beating OSU. Don't throw the ball away with a lead and less than a minute to play or corral the defensive rebound in a tie game under twenty and things might have been different.
Only? Nope.
Obviously you always look first at what you can control, which is your quality of play, but to think refs calls have no impact is idiotic.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Only? Nope.
Obviously you always look first at what you can control, which is your quality of play, but to think refs calls have no impact is idiotic.
Think what you want but calls tend to even theirselves out over the course of the game. I thought the call was bad live without even seeing the replay, but honestly I hate the charge call all together and am glad they are changing how it's applied. That being said, I was only replying to those that think ISU got screwed out of the win based on a single call. I listed a couple plays where ISU screwed itself out of a chance at advancing, but not giving up 75 points would have been another way not to lose the game and then look to pin blame on someone else.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Think what you want but calls tend to even theirselves out over the course of the game. I thought the call was bad live without even seeing the replay, but honestly I hate the charge call all together and am glad they are changing how it's applied. That being said, I was only replying to those that think ISU got screwed out of the win based on a single call. I listed a couple plays where ISU screwed itself out of a chance at advancing, but not giving up 75 points would have been another way not to lose the game and then look to pin blame on someone else.
Say what you want, but ISU's play was not the only thing that impacted the outcome. I understand your yearning for such bravado, but it is okay to admit it was not all on ISU's play. That is as bad as saying it was all on the refs.

It is a nice cliche, but no, over the course of a single game calls likely do not "even out". The law of averages is dependent on a large sample size. On a similar note, a bad call in the first 5 minutes of the game should not be weighted the same as a bad call in the last couple of minutes.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Niang leaving early would be a GREAT problem to have... Aka blowing up on the national scene with a huge season.

Fred will reload... Just get em to the NBA and they will come.
I disagree. Guys leave early without the team having great success all of the time. Niang as a 4 year staple is the best thing in the world for ISU.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Niang is real good but nobody can yet tell if it's NBA good.

My take right now is that he's going to be a top notch college guy that can't make NBA. We'll see.

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall
Interesting. I was trying to recall this guys name after the win the other night in Stillwater. If we manage to pull in 2 of the 4 main guys we are in on right now, I'd be pretty happy.

my bad. Forgot he was the following year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron