Gilbert tournament Saturday

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It’s really the dumbest thing ever that they care about this. Favorites to win it all and they b*tch about a coach from another school trying to get a couple more guys just into the tourney? Weird.

Yeah that's kind of the point. Guys getting in this way just means more bonus points for our guys. But it's just sleazy. Check out the reactions happening, it isn't just Iowa fans. Hell even the more sensible ISU fans are agreeing how stinky this is and how bad a look it is for KD.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yeah that's kind of the point. Guys getting in this way just means more bonus points for our guys. But it's just sleazy. Check out the reactions happening, it isn't just Iowa fans. Hell even the more sensible ISU fans are agreeing how stinky this is and how bad a look it is for KD.
I highly doubt the ISU fans that are ******** loudly about it understand what they are talking about. Why you care enough about something that matters zero to your team enough to come onto a rivals wrestling forum to state your point about this is just really weird.

• Agree
Reactions: bthomps01

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
I doubt that other teams fans would complain too much if the team they root for did this to their advantage.

Reactions: Scott34

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
All this does is gain allocations for the conference or a chance for a wild card bid. They all still have to wrestle to a certain place finish to qualify . So saying it only benefits Iowa State is false . Does it give us a better chance to get qualifiers ? Yes , and every other team in the conference . None of this guarantees an Iowa State wrestler a spot in NCAAs .

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If TB served up free wins to a starter via injury default using his own room guys in a tourney setting, yeah I'd be embarrassed.

But if you guys are cool w/ it, carry on.

I can only imagine how embarrassed you are considering Brands is the biggest ducker in the game. Lol get outta here

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I’m embarrassed about the whole ordeal as a cyclone fan. It’s gaming the system. Is the system perfect? No, but it’s not bad if you look at why they do what they do. Coaches need to have integrity as head of the program and not endorse gaming the system. Go out and earn those allocations the right away or not at all.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I’m embarrassed about the whole ordeal as a cyclone fan. It’s gaming the system. Is the system perfect? No, but it’s not bad if you look at why they do what they do. Coaches need to have integrity as head of the program and not endorse gaming the system. Go out and earn those allocations the right away or not at all.
Did Carr, Degen or Colbray matches improve their chances of making NCAA tournament! No, but it sure did help the conference by getting 3 more allocations. Coleman is the only one that may be in a better position because he may not been able to steal a spot. Try to convince me that some 16-6 guys that has 2 matches against a ranked opponent deserves the extra spot at 184 more than the Big 12 with over 1/2 of Coleman’s matches against top 20 kids including the #1 guy at both 174 & 184.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
The current system doesn’t allow you to earn it if you have a prolong injury or change weights during season. That is the issue!

ajbjunior

Feb 4, 2007
While I can understand both sides the current system doesn’t work for switching weights or injuries. You can’t tell me Colbray and Coleman shouldn’t earn an allocation for the conference just because they didn’t have enough matches at a weight. Coleman should have had to wrestle even against our own guys but he’s the exception. The others all wrestled other DI wrestlers.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonenation5

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
A SoCon coach complaining about a wrestler using an NCAA rules loophole to get their conference an allocation is pretty rich though. Almost every allocation the SoCon gets most years is unearned via the normal process.

But is he an Iowa fan?