Fined $25,000

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I thought it was interesting that KCCI led off last nights news with the fine as breaking news

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
The fine is a joke.

This will be unpopular....but.... I don't think we needed to rush the field on that one. We dominated a lesser opponent. Someday we need to act like we have been there before.

I was in section V and watched the whole event from afar....I remember thinking there were A LOT of drunks kids running through some miffed football players. I was a ways away, but I didn't see a single issue between a player and a fan.

If it was a close victory and a 7 touchdown underdog situation I think the storming would have felt "better" if that makes sense. We'll get there, but there is still a lot of pent up emotion in football given our history.

There is some "we've been there before" in ISU basketball. Last time we clipped the Jayhawks in Hilton I remember KU fans being salty that we didn't rush the court.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If it was a close victory and a 7 touchdown underdog situation I think the storming would have felt "better" if that makes sense. We'll get there, but there is still a lot of pent up emotion in football given our history.

There is some "we've been there before" in ISU basketball. Last time we clipped the Jayhawks in Hilton I remember KU fans being salty that we don't rush the court.

I hope we never stop storming the field. Sports are supposed to be fun. I’ll never forget being on the field in2011. Or last year against TCU with my dad on his birthday. Watching the field on Saturday was magical.

I’d love for Iowa State to be a consistent winner. But I hope we never lose appreciation for winning.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
How about a fine to West Virginia for having their players fake injuries on defense so they can get free timeouts. Pretty unsportsmanlike and there is nothing the officials can do about it on the field. It's seems like something you could review at the conference level. They pulled the same crap two years ago when they played here. It's something that could be addressed and reviewed by the league. I think this is a lot worse than the on the field celebration AFTER the game.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
The appeal failed. Who wants to start a gofundme?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Iowa State loses appeal to Big 12 after $25,000 fine for field-storming.

From Iowa State Sports Information:

AMES, Iowa – Iowa State University President Dr. Wendy Wintersteen announced today the Big 12 Conference has denied the appeal of the fine levied against Iowa State arising from the post-game celebration following the Cyclones’ football victory over West Virginia.

“Our institution takes the safety and welfare of all student-athletes, officials, and fans very seriously and we will continue to review and refine our safety protocols based upon our actual experiences,” Winstersteen said.

Major shade thrown by Wintersteen.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007

AMES, Iowa – Iowa State University President Dr. Wendy Wintersteen announced today the Big 12 Conference has denied the appeal of the fine levied against Iowa State arising from the post-game celebration following the Cyclones’ football victory over West Virginia.

“Our institution takes the safety and welfare of all student-athletes, officials, and fans very seriously and we will continue to review and refine our safety protocols based upon our actual experiences,” Winstersteen said.

So far, I like her very much. She is a Cyclone.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wonder if the Big 12 had to give Wintersteen any explanation or not?

What exactly did we do wrong? Nobody from WV (players, coaches, fans, cheerleaders, trainers, etc) was injured in any way. So how was it "unsafe"? Total BS!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

#WCW

(yes I know it's Friday deal with it)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would be interested in hearing more detail from the Big 12 about what we did wrong. For instance, it can't be merely the fact that we stormed the field. From what I've seen on video, they got off the field pretty easily. It has to be something about how our security staff functioned. I wonder if we failed to do something in our protocol, such as forming a wall around the players, like they do in basketball. We may have had it in our policy, but we failed to implement it in instance.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I would be interested in hearing more detail from the Big 12 about what we did wrong. For instance, it can't be merely the fact that we stormed the field. From what I've seen on video, they got off the field pretty easily. It has to be something about how our security staff functioned. I wonder if we failed to do something in our protocol, such as forming a wall around the players, like they do in basketball. We may have had it in our policy, but we failed to implement it in instance.
Fined simply because Dana is a cry baby. If he doesn’t say anything, there would be no fine.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron