Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Caiparinha

Muddle half a lime (or more) in the bottom of a tall glass
add ice cubes to the top
add a tablespoon of sugar (coarse brown, or refined, your call)
top it off with cachaca

Brazillian drink, cachaca is kind of hard to find, its distilled sugarcane but not rum

Tricky part is getting the lime and sugar ratio right, it can depend on the ripeness of the lime.

But if you get it right... wow so good, goes down like lemonade on a hot day. But you are essentially drinking straight rocket fuel, so it can knock you on your ass.
I was just drinking those last week. Very tasty. Very dangerous, too, because of that.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
The Amaretto Stone Sour cocktail mixes amaretto with sour mix and orange juice. The result is sweet, nutty and tart, with the citrus dominating and the sweet nuttiness coming in a close second. This is a great drink to enjoy on a date or a quiet evening.

Reactions: Cycsk

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Reactions: bosco

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Tito's
Soda
Splash of Cranberry Juice
Lime

Great summertime drink - refreshing, light and pretty low-cal if you're into that kind of thing

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
We usually have a lot of mint growing in our garden, so I'll make mint juleps sometimes. Or add mint to a gin and tonic. Whatever you want to call that :confused:

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
My fall back is Yukon jack from the bottle.
giphy.gif

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
We usually have a lot of mint growing in our garden, so I'll make mint juleps sometimes. Or add mint to a gin and tonic. Whatever you want to call that :confused:
I had a mint julep for the first time not long ago...not my favorite but not bad.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Whisk(e)y/bourbon and Dr. Pepper.

Or back in the days when hangovers weren't as bad we made a drink called a "Helen Keller." The name came the day after the first time we made it. We all got so blacked out none of us remember what happened after 3 or so of them. Amazingly it tastes really good.

3 shots of Green Apple Smirnoff
1 Red Bull
1 light beer

Reactions: FOREVERTRUE

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
If I were making a drink to get me from point A to point B the fastest and most efficiently, it was usually Sailor Jerry and Dr. Pepper. Caution: Sailor Jerry is nobody's friend. If Sailor Jerry were an ice cream flavor, he'd be Pralines and ****.