Favorite Simple but obscure mixed drink

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Black Russian.
Equal parts Kahlua and Vodka (you choose how much).
Over ice.

Thanks to he who shall not be named, too many people think you need to dilute it with white stuff (cream, half & half). Bah!

Voldemort likes Black Russians?

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
Since we are 6 pages in and it hasn’t been mentioned, I guess a Rusty Nail is obscure. And very simple: 1 part Drambouie to 1 part whiskey (or to taste), over ice.

For something not simple, I highly recommend trying a Sazerac from a good bar when it’s on the menu. I’ll make it at home now, but it took several tries to get it right.

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
Since we are 6 pages in and it hasn’t been mentioned, I guess a Rusty Nail is obscure. And very simple: 1 part Drambouie to 1 part whiskey (or to taste), over ice.

For something not simple, I highly recommend trying a Sazerac from a good bar when it’s on the menu. I’ll make it at home now, but it took several tries to get it right.
Just had my first Sazurac last week in Nola. Not bad.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Black Russian.
Equal parts Kahlua and Vodka (you choose how much).
Over ice.

Thanks to he who shall not be named, too many people think you need to dilute it with white stuff (cream, half & half). Bah!

I finally tried this. Life changing

persons-0008.png

(I may or may not have been day drinking)

• Winner
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Teens and twenties: Pile Driver. Equal parts Dr. Pepper and Vodka. Now: Equal parts Peach Schnapps and orange juice. You really don't need the orange juice!

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
$5 bottle of cheap&sweet Red wine
$.99 two liter of CocaCola
1 orange, sliced

Equal parts liquids over ice, twist and drop in an orange slice.....