Fantastic article on Breece Hall...

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
It is from the Athletic, so you do need a subscription to read it, but once again real high quality sports journalism from my new favorite sports website.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Agreed, fantastic article. It was great to see inside, where this talented kid comes from and the people that helped shape him into the awesome dude he is today.

The thing that stood out to me was his demeanor and temperament and how perfectly in tune he is with Campbell and the ISU's 5-star culture.

Hall is the embodiment of everything we're doing 'right' here.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Also, you want to know why Campbell's "5-star culture" is real and why it works? This:

How did Iowa State hold off all those schools? Their entire staff recruited not just Hall but his entire family. They can typically tell right away if they have a shot. If a kid does care about fit, culture and relationships, they’ll keep pursuing. “If he’s about the best bells and the best whistles, we know pretty fast we’re gonna move on,” Campbell said. After taking several visits that spring, it became clear Hall was their kind of guy. He announced his pledge in late June.

He's not just taking good players. He's taking good players that fit the culture.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I just looked at the comments. The ones by UT and OU fans were classy. The one by a kNU fan was...a bit more self-involved.

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I also like The Athletic for their EPL coverage. I was elated to see a feature piece about ISU and Hall. His mom sounds like the kind of mom more people deserve

Reactions: Aclone

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Had debated signing up for The Athletic for a while with their $1 a month offer. That article was worth more than that!

I noticed they had this Black Friday deal. I've subscribed for two years (last year at full price and its worth it) and would HIGHLY recommend everyone signing up for $12 for an entire year. You get articles like this across all sports on a daily and weekly basis.

Reactions: CYdways432

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron