Face Mask Recommendations

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
For fabric masks, my recommendation is to find ones with the wire on the nose. Especially if you wear glasses. The wire helps mold the shape and keeps the end of your nose from getting smashed. And if you wear glasses, it prevents the air from leaking there and fogging up your lenses. Also, if you get ones with the elastic loops around your ears, the little rubber sliders to adjust the length are really important.

I ordered mine from Kohl's and have been happy.

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
I have tried a bunch of different types and this is the one that I tried that I like the best.

Beclothed mask

Slightly stretchy so it fits snug without becoming a pain. Soft and good coverage, so I don't have the issue of it sliding off as I talk like a lot of masks that I see other people wearing.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
It is, I guess, if you ignore the filters, size, straps, design and essential purpose. Of course there's.nothing left if you ignore those things.
It's useless against covid19 based on the micron size that it filters, so basically it's just a nut cup on your face...

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
I assume you believe that n95s are useless as well?

N95 = 0.3 microns or greater
Nut cup = 2.5 microns or greater

file-20200412-123487-d49vpy.png

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Everything old is new again. Evidence from the much worse 1918 Pandemic.

1603392003721.png

Cyclonefan710

Oct 19, 2012
Every mask is going to feel somewhat uncomfortable...... so just toughen up and wear one instead of being a whiny a** b*tch.... and let's get past this virus as soon as possible.

And if you only care about yourself and nobody else.... then wear one to protect yourself then.... it does help.

I mean let’s be real.. Wearing a mask is more of a symbol than anything else. The percentage of people that have proper masks as well as wear and sanitize them correctly has to be small.

• Agree
Reactions: arobb

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
You should read farther.
Remember CO2? Until February 2020 it was the most dreaded molecule ever to inhabit the planet. Global warming, climate change, dogs and cats living together. Now..........crickets. Well, it's still out there and it is still a poison to humans. So if a CO2 molecule can get out......so can a viral. And if a CO2 molecule cannot get out.....then either you pass out......or if this is a charcoal filter, you will need to change that filter every hour just like they do with gas masks for chemical warfare. Ever watch Apollo 13? Remember the engineers working working to make a CO2 scrubber so the men wouldn't die? Like I said........if a CO2 molecule makes it......so will a viral. Try again.

• Dumb
Reactions: 3TrueFans