Face Mask Recommendations

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Ok these masks are driving me nuts. So far I've only really worn the throw away/disposable kind but I have tried the more clothe kinds that all felt to tight and restrictive.

Any good recommendations? I'm willing to pay more for a quality mask that will be comfortable.

Anybody got a good adjustable/breathable mask they could recommend???

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Ok these masks are driving me nuts. So far I've only really worn the throw away/disposable kind but I have tried the more clothe kinds that all felt to tight and restrictive.

Any good recommendations? I'm willing to pay more for a quality mask that will be comfortable.

The invisible kind. Cheap and high quality fresh air.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

https://o2industries.com/

Kind of look like a nut cup, but very comfortable and can filter with the best of them (FWIW--there is no mask that guarantees anything, of course).

• Wow
Reactions: SpokaneCY

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I have been rolling mostly with some plain old Hanes cotton masks that I picked up at Wal-Mart. They've got a bit of stretch in the ear loops, and the nose clip to help the fit. They've actually been pretty good down here in the Southern heat and humidity, more than I thought they would be.

Of course, my wife tried them and they didn't fit her face right, so they're not really a one-size-fits-all deal.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Have a couple plain color masks from vistaprint. Fit well and comfortable

Reactions: Angie

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I've got 10 of these. Bought a 5 pack and then got 5 more.
I think they're really comfortable. The fabric is kind of like tshirt material. Really soft and has a little "stretch" to it.

Reactions: Angie

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I use 3M 1860 n95. They’re not very breathable, but that’s the whole point now isn’t it. Once they become breathable they’re basically useless. Like putting a Kleenex over your face.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I use 3M 1860 n95. They’re not very breathable, but that’s the whole point now isn’t it. Once they become breathable they’re basically useless. Like putting a Kleenex over your face.

Where are you buying them? I can only ever to see the KN95 versions and it's pretty hard to find a reliable source of those even

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
The type that doesn't go below the chin look very uncomfortable to me. Never tried though.
These seal up very nicely to the face with a silicon gasket. And if it doesn't seal up to your face, then it really doesn't matter how good the filtration might be. I understand your comment, but I found it to be very comfy once it is on.

Far more comfortable then some of the N95's I've worn. It seals better.

Last edited:

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
https://o2industries.com/

Kind of look like a nut cup, but very comfortable and can filter with the best of them (FWIW--there is no mask that guarantees anything, of course).

Kind of looks like a nut cup? Looks to me like a nut cup manufacturer found another market for their product by turning it upside down. These guys are brighter than the folks at Google or Amazon;)

I might fall over laughing if I saw someone wearing one of those down the street.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Kind of looks like a nut cup? Looks to me like a nut cup manufacturer found another market for their product by turning it upside down. These guys are brighter than the folks at Google or Amazon;)

I might fall over laughing if I saw someone wearing one of those down the street.
The OP didn't ask for masks that looked cool. The fact is these masks are comfortable and very functional. So ...

Also, you must wear one small nut cup.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

mask club

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Every mask is going to feel somewhat uncomfortable...... so just toughen up and wear one instead of being a whiny a** b*tch.... and let's get past this virus as soon as possible.

And if you only care about yourself and nobody else.... then wear one to protect yourself then.... it does help.

Reactions: SpokaneCY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron