F1 2023 Discussion

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Did I read it right that p2 had to kick out the fans as they didn't have enough staff working?

That with the track breaking cars......
Great look for USA....

• Wow
Reactions: Bigman38

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Did I read it right that p2 had to kick out the fans as they didn't have enough staff working?

Great look for USA....

Yes you did. The people that paid for “Thursday” got like 8 minutes of track time before getting kicked out.

Reactions: ISUKyro

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
  • Agree

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
The incompetence of the FIA knows no bounds. How Sainz gets a penalty because they ****** up their job and track safety issue destroys his car is beyond me. Especially frustrating when Ferrari look like they’ve got a decent car here.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

Great look for USA....

Wonder if that's the reality of having it at 2 AM local time. Fans will show up, temp workers not so much.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Wonder if that's the reality of having it at 2 AM local time. Fans will show up, temp workers not so much.
Could be. Or the temp workers couldn't get to the track in time as it messed up transportation around the area. Either way, really bad look for the event considering what they were charging for tickets. We thought about going but it would have killed our travel budget for almost 3 years. I can't imagine my frustration if I had to miss a session.

• Agree

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Could be. Or the temp workers couldn't get to the track in time as it messed up transportation around the area. Either way, really bad look for the event considering what they were charging for tickets. We thought about going but it would have killed our travel budget for almost 3 years. I can't imagine my frustration if I had to miss a session.

The best part about all of these problems. Tickets will be lower next time since people are getting fed up. Hearing the transporation is a disaster in Vegas. The locals are furious.

• Agree

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The best part about all of these problems. Tickets will be lower next time since people are getting fed up. Hearing the transporation is a disaster in Vegas. The locals are furious.

I read the major traffic problems aren’t really directly related to F1 though. The major construction is all stuff that was planned because they’re hosting the Super Bowl.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

Let's be honest, the temp security staff was only supposed to be there through a certain time, and either no one wanted to pay them OT or none of them wanted to stay.

Edit: Looking at some articles, FP2 should have originally been done by 1:00 AM local, which meant fans out by 2 AM. FP2 didn't even start until 2:30 AM with a 4:00 AM finish. Definitely a working hour issue on the temp security staff.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Is this the first major American sporting even that decided to put the start time of every event so early in the morning, or late at night that Americans can’t watch it? Why does it not start at 8:00 central time. This makes no sense to me.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Is this the first major American sporting even that decided to put the start time of every event so early in the morning, or late at night that Americans can’t watch it? Why does it not start at 8:00 central time. This makes no sense to me.
Europe watches in much larger numbers and 8 central would be like 2am GMT. They’re kind of stuck because if you don’t have it at night here you don’t get the Vegas lights.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Minus Ferrari and Max. Bunch of new names in the top ten. Should be fun to watch. I root for the best cars to suck during qualifying so we can see some over taking during the race. At least we will get to see Max and Charles battle at the start

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Minus Ferrari and Max. Bunch of new names in the top ten. Should be fun to watch. I root for the best cars to suck during qualifying so we can see some over taking during the race. At least we will get to see Max and Charles battle at the start

Too bad Sainz has the penalty, I’d give Charles more of a chance if he had Carlos on the front row with him.

I’m calling Russel submarining Charles and Max in turn 1 and we get a Williams 1/2.

Reactions: Drew0311