F1 2023 Discussion

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Fun race. Max had to work for it

I felt bad for Charles. The safety car was in a terrible time for him, but he still fought hard and had an incredible race fighting very hard at the end to finish P2.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Just finished the Brawn documentary on Hulu, pretty good watch. I knew the main story beats but it fills in all kinds of context I had no idea about. And Keanu actually does a pretty good job in the sit down interviews with people.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Just finished the Brawn documentary on Hulu, pretty good watch. I knew the main story beats but it fills in all kinds of context I had no idea about. And Keanu actually does a pretty good job in the sit down interviews with people.
I'm going to get to that on my days off. Good way to avoid spending time with the inlaws.

Reactions: Bigman38

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Well that's it.
Hate when the season ends but ready for the next and hope Merc can get back to winning.

Props to Max for an insane year of domination. 1000 laps led and the guy won all but 3 races. That's just insane and a bar that may never be seen again. Wow!

Last edited:

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Max was fantastic this year! Maybe we see it again next year?

Pretty Ferrari of Ferrari to not be able to pull off 2nd in the Constructors, but Hamilton did try to help them on that overtake with Yuki.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Well that's it.
Hate when the season ends but ready foe the next and hope Merc can get back to winning.

Props to Max for an insane year of domination. 1000 laps led and the guy won all but 3 races. That's just insane and a bar that may never be seen again. Wow!
1701026792334.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ISUKyro

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Max was fantastic this year! Maybe we see it again next year?

Pretty Ferrari of Ferrari to not be able to pull off 2nd in the Constructors, but Hamilton did try to help them on that overtake with Yuki.
Honestly in this current setup, if you’re not going to win it’s better to be 3rd? Difference in $10mil prize money but cash is not an object for Ferrari, so take the extra wind tunnel/CFD time. Sainz did a great job tanking the weekend to avoid jumping Mercedes haha

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Pretty dominant year for Max. Take him out of it and it was a pretty decent year down the rest of the grid. Once we get post season testing wrapped up after this week we can put a bow on the thread this year. I think the only thing to really wrap up is if Logan Sargent retains his seat or not.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Pretty dominant year for Max. Take him out of it and it was a pretty decent year down the rest of the grid. Once we get post season testing wrapped up after this week we can put a bow on the thread this year. I think the only thing to really wrap up is if Logan Sargent retains his seat or not.
The post race radio communication sure made it sound like they were keeping him.
But until it gets officially posted, we will have to wait and see.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
The post race radio communication sure made it sound like they were keeping him.
But until it gets officially posted, we will have to wait and see.
Everything I've read makes it sound like they'll probably let Sargent keep his seat too. Vowles keeps saying they probably brought him up a year too early even though he was F2 rookie of the year last year. He had some rookie errors which were too be expected and he got faster all year but Albon was just way better in the same car.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Everything I've read makes it sound like they'll probably let Sargent keep his seat too. Vowles keeps saying they probably brought him up a year too early even though he was F2 rookie of the year last year. He had some rookie errors which were too be expected and he got faster all year but Albon was just way better in the same car.

After Qatar he was a lot closer to Albon, and hasn't wrecked it since then IIRC. But if he keeps his seat I'm assuming a large part of it is Williams just not having a good option to replace him with.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron