Enrollment in the Big 12

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Besides TTU no one else is really that close to us, and I am assuming that a good portion of TTU's students are distant/online?

The growth in our school's enrollment is vital for our athletic programs. More donors, more families getting to campus, more people to buy tickets, positive momentum for the school, etc are all positive benefits from the growth.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
We are the second largest, unless you count Alabama's affiliate membership for women's rowing...

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Your example is a team that joined FBS football in 1999.
My example was a team that has similar enrollment, excellent academics, and a history of championships and support in men and women's basketball. I'd say it's pretty comparable to ISU and it was left out in the cold. I don't think for a second it can't happen again.

• Agree
Reactions: ICHawk24

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
My example was a team that has similar enrollment, excellent academics, and a history of championships and support in men and women's basketball. I'd say it's pretty comparable to ISU and it was left out in the cold. I don't think for a second it can't happen again.
Add to the football issues, but it is seen as one of the most deserving teams to join P5. People think it is a joke that they aren't.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Wow, I was looking up Big 10 enrollments and I think ISU would be 12th ahead of Iowa, Nebby and NW.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
The University of Iowa is very unhappy about being the smaller university in this state and they are pouring millions into their in-state marketing and in-state freshman scholarships so they can "buy" students away from Iowa State. They're spouting off the the media already that they will bring in a record smashing freshman class this fall.

Meanwhile, Iowa State's freshman class this fall will still be significantly larger than Iowa's record smashing class, but you don't hear Iowa State boasting to the media about it. That's not how we operate.

• Disagree
Reactions: ICHawk24

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The University of Iowa is very unhappy about being the smaller university in this state and they are pouring millions into their in-state marketing and in-state freshman scholarships so they can "buy" students away from Iowa State. They're spouting off the the media already that they will bring in a record smashing freshman class this fall.

Meanwhile, Iowa State's freshman class this fall will still be significantly larger than Iowa's record smashing class, but you don't hear Iowa State boasting to the media about it. That's not how we operate.

Huh? We brag about it every year with media releases, news stories, and flood the school's website and e-mails with it.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa

http://admissions.uconn.edu/content/campuses/storrs

According to unconn's web site their enrollment is a little under 25k people at the main campus, the number you saw included 5 or 6 remote campus's.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron