Dis the Ducks

What is the best animal

• Total voters

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
The good news about ISU opponents always being at full strength just means no one can make excuses.
tenor.gif

Reactions: bisonduck

bisonduck

Dec 19, 2020
Every day that funky looking defense of yours continues to confound me.

I think that is what will be the most interesting part of this matchup for me.

I want an up close look at that defense.

Reactions: cstrunk

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Every day that funky looking defense of yours continues to confound me.

I think that is what will be the most interesting part of this matchup for me.

I want an up close look at that defense.

Crazy thing about that defense. It looks like there's a bunch of space to run on the edges. And then there's not. It requires REALLY good tacklers on the back end and at LB. If you have a guy or two that go flying in and miss tackles, the whole thing goes to crap. To play against it, you need a QB that doesn't get confused easily and an OC that is patient enough to take 4-5 yard gains and march down the field. Big 12 OCs get impatient too easily.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
They did, and while opt-outs do make a difference, I think Oklahoma wins that game either way. Texas had like 7 guys opt out for last nights game and still dominated.
I think UF only had one defensive starter on opt out and UF didn’t belong in the same field. Trask was completely lost and it didn’t matter who was gone.

OSU was struggling horribly in the Big 12 down the stretch and they beat Miami. UT was fortunate not to be 4-5 in the conference, has a ton of opt outs, had Ehlinger out the second half, and they dismantle Colorado.

The Big 12 is good. That is all.

bisonduck

Dec 19, 2020
NDSU ranks the worst fanbase Oregon never played. This was posted on Bisonville.com yesterday:

Na, I’m just salty we didn’t get to beat the Ducks and shut up all the pretentious fans that showed up here. They’re still showing up and it’s rubbing me the wrong way. I can tone it down.

I know it’s probably petty. Do you play them anytime in the future? If so, do Duck fans a sold and knock the **** out of them now that you’re good.

RatherBeYachting

Dec 21, 2020
Oregon

That’s the picture I use to convince non believers that he should be called Puddles. Kids don’t run up to the mascot yelling The Duck, they call him Puddles. But then they have a whole contradictory campaign for people to call him The Duck.
980222B4-7027-4BD0-AFAF-239A8009BAF4.jpeg One of America’s favorite mascots. Puddles, or whatever anyone wants to call him, has elaborate Halloween costumes, rides around in a toy hummer, and just pushes you the f out of the way when you’re in his way. The mascot has been suspended, like in 2007 when things got a bit inappropriate with Houston’s cougar mascot Shasta which involved a fight and then holding the mascots head while thrusting at it. Or appearing in an authorized viral hit video, I Love My Ducks, which wound up being a great story and making tons of money for the students involved once the university got on board.
The only reason they get away with using a Disney created logo and mascot is because the athletic director at the time got Walt Disney to authorize it, on a napkin, and there’s a picture of them together in Oregon lettermen’s jackets. Walt on the far right:
34CCB0DC-8BD4-4359-B0B1-A4E4A0FF2A64.jpeg
The dude in the warm up shirt is Jordan Bell, a star of our recent-ish Final Four run. He tore up Kansas to get us there, but allowed UNC the crucial offensive rebounds that probably cost Oregon their second basketball title, and first since THE very first one.
I was a little out of it after the Kansas win, playing around in photoshop, and kind of made Jordan go viral: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...dan-bell-is-shot-blocking-meme-king/99891186/
and more https://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/...teor-the-death-star-and-trumps-hair/425996880

I had ESPN sliding in my DMs, and Getty Images giving me rights to their pictures. Jordan and I met up several months after that, super cool guy. He managed to win a ring with the Warriors guarding Lebron in the Finals, but is now becoming a journeyman. Let’s just say it’s not for lack of talent. He had me draw him a logo a while back, haven’t seen any merch.

I’m not as big of a basketball fan as I used to be, but I remember Iowa State with Marcus Fizer, and then the 2 vs 15 upset with Jamal Tinsley. That was one of the first brackets I ever filled out, thanks for that disappointment - helped condition me for many future futile brackets.

• Informative
Reactions: farm85

RatherBeYachting

Dec 21, 2020
Oregon
I think Florida losses to Oklahoma no matter what, but when you lose your three leading receivers who combined for 24 TD catches and other important pieces it’s gonna hurt. Imagine if Iowa State found out they had to play without Hall, Kolar, and Hutchinson.
The line went from -3 to +8.5 after the opt outs.

I saw someone asking about talent disparity earlier in the thread and where is it, well here are the Oregon and Iowa State draft prospects from the mock draft and big board consensus, which is pretty neat in that it combines all the prominent sources to create a consensus ranking of prospects: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/colleges/2021/iowa-state-cyclones

4E9D1328-629A-4099-B4E6-2F322D8E0153.jpeg
I looked at the past years consensus big boards and they had Allen Lazard, Hakeem Butler, and David Montgomery all higher than they were actually drafted - so I don’t think there’s any anti ISU bias.
Here is Oregon’s for 2021, with the opt outs crossed out. I crossed out Verdell because I also don’t think he’s playing. For 2022 they have Thibodeaux third overall, and for 2023 Justin Flowe (injured) 6th, Noah Sewell 14th, and Verone McKinley 28th.
94190E89-A66F-4A6A-B88A-BF2774B5359C.jpeg

• Dumb
Reactions: DarkStar

bisonduck

Dec 19, 2020
I think Florida losses to Oklahoma no matter what, but when you lose your three leading receivers who combined for 24 TD catches and other important pieces it’s gonna hurt. Imagine if Iowa State found out they had to play without Hall, Kolar, and Hutchinson.

I saw someone asking about talent disparity earlier in the thread and where is it, well here are the Oregon and Iowa State draft prospects from the mock draft and big board consensus, which is pretty neat in that it combines all the prominent sources to create a consensus ranking of prospects: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/colleges/2021/iowa-state-cyclones

View attachment 80133
I looked at the past years consensus big boards and they had Allen Lazard, Hakeem Butler, and David Montgomery all higher than they were actually drafted - so I don’t think there’s any anti ISU bias.
Here is Oregon’s for 2021, with the opt outs crossed out. I crossed out Verdell because I also don’t think he’s playing. For 2022 they have Thibodeaux third overall, and for 2023 Justin Flowe (injured) 6th, Noah Sewell 14th, and Verone McKinley 28th.
View attachment 80134

OU destroyed them. Texas and OU embarrassed their opponents. It obvious the Big 12 handled covid the best.

Also, I thought Texas was going to break some of Colorado’s players in half yesterday.

Last edited:

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I think UF only had one defensive starter on opt out and UF didn’t belong in the same field. Trask was completely lost and it didn’t matter who was gone.

OSU was struggling horribly in the Big 12 down the stretch and they beat Miami. UT was fortunate not to be 4-5 in the conference, has a ton of opt outs, had Ehlinger out the second half, and they dismantle Colorado.

The Big 12 is good. That is all.
Looking at the highlights it makes me wonder if the FL QB is color blind (red camouflages great with a green field). I've never seen such blatantly poor interceptions.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia

View attachment 80133
View attachment 80134
Personally, IMO these 'opt-outs' reflect the lack of dedication and continuity of a team. Buy an insurance policy if you're worried abut getting hurt. Why would no ISU players 'opt-out' and Oregon's best would?

• Agree
Reactions: Lyon309Cy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

View attachment 80133
View attachment 80134
Imagine playing an entire SEASON with a kicker with an inability to kick off? Handicap that one for me, slappy.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
NDSU ranks the worst fanbase Oregon never played. This was posted on Bisonville.com yesterday:

I know it’s probably petty. Do you play them anytime in the future? If so, do Duck fans a sold and knock the **** out of them now that you’re good.

I'm not sure. We are 1-1 against them a W in 09 a loss in 14. They certainly have punched above their weight in the past.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

View attachment 80133
View attachment 80134
Must be a quality mock board to think there’s any chance in hell Purdy would go pro this year.