Bug Defect: Logs me out when I exit

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Defect Submission Tool
General Defect Title
Logs me out when I exit
Defect Category
Other
Browers Tested
  • Google Chrome (mobile)
Detailed Description
Up until recently, my browser would keep me logged in all of the time. I could close the browser, and when I come back to CF, it would automatically log me in. The last one or two days, this doesn't happen anymore. I have to type my login and password every time. This is happening on my Chrome browser at home, my Chrome browser at work, and my Chrome browser on my Android phone. Is this a bug or an intentional behavior change for security? I prefer it the old way.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I have this problem too with the main android browser (not Chrome).

Super annoying as I'm not completely sure what my password is, and it wont let you surf on mobile without logging in.

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014
I thought maybe CF had a threat from the North Koreans. Seriously, I've had the same issue. Also have not been able to review before posting.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Been happening to me as well today on both android and chrome. Figured it was just me...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My 2 cents, Chris: It's been happening to me for a week or two, but it's EVERY time I refresh (ie click on "new posts")...I get kicked to the log-in page. My user name & password autofill, so it's a matter of two or three keystrokes, but it's a pain in the patootie.

This is only happening on my laptop. My home and work desktops have had no issues. I use Firefox on all three for the browser; the OS on the laptop is {{(!&Y)(&%&Y$%&@}} Windows 8 - the desktops are older Windows systems.