**** daylight savings

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’m amazed at how many people dont understand what DST does in the summer. A guy I know rants about how stupid DST is at the switch dates and how it should go away. He also loves that’s its light until 9:30-9:45 in June/early July for boating, fishing, etc. I always remind him without it the sun would rise at 4 am and set at 8:30 pm in June. He always looks confused and doesn’t believe me.
So many people advocating for getting rid of DST don’t understand, but will when our latest sunset of the year is 7:50 pm and will be the first ones to complain.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I’d rather just keep changing clocks. Had some beautiful October weather I was able to enjoy after work because it didn’t get dark till close to 7. Wouldn’t have been that way getting dark at 6 or before.

True. Maybe we should be looking at moving the fall back later? Like maybe the last Sunday in November?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Clock goes back tonight. Going to enjoy that extra hour of sleep.

I had an idea for a documentary where I just am really high all the time and refuse to turn my clocks back and see how much that would affect every day life. Like I’m just going to be an hour late to pick up my kid from school everyday. I’m going to every work meeting an hour late. I’m an hour late to every flight I take and an hour late to pick up anyone flying in. I’m an hour late to watch every ISU game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ah, my annual restset night. Bedtime has been slowly creeping back all summer and fall till it was hitting between 1:30 and 2:00 a.m. Will now do the 1:00 a.m. and try maybe working that back to 12:30 a.m. with a little assist from the fall back one hour thingy.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I had an idea for a documentary where I just am really high all the time and refuse to turn my clocks back and see how much that would affect every day life. Like I’m just going to be an hour late to pick up my kid from school everyday. I’m going to every work meeting an hour late. I’m an hour late to every flight I take and an hour late to pick up anyone flying in. I’m an hour late to watch every ISU game.
As a Tottenham fan this sounds like a great idea.

• Haha
Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
As a Tottenham fan this sounds like a great idea.

Excellent. Grifting is good but grifting off of spuds fans makes it extra special.

How much do you think it costs to get Lauren Boebert to come out very strongly against DST and make an appearance in the doc?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
She doesn’t even know what DST is, she’s just against it to be against it.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Sh**! I just woke up and can't get back to sleep. There goes that extra hour of sleep. That's the only thing good about the time change. Logging into CF doesn't help either...

Reactions: ISUalways

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I woke up and the first thing I thought of wast time time change and whether or not Cyclone Fanatic was discussing it. I was not disappointed. DST needs to be permanent year round. I don't like this time of year when it is dark by 5:00.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter and aeroclone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
My dog woke up at 3:45. We took his collar off, which he had been shaking to alert our other dogs that it was time to get up. My wife basically put him in a bear hug so I got to sleep until about 4:30 when he started play sneezing to wake the girls up. His tactics are adapting. :(

• Haha
Reactions: 2020cy

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
My dog woke up at 3:45. We took his collar off, which he had been shaking to alert our other dogs that it was time to get up. My wife basically put him in a bear hug so I got to sleep until about 4:30 when he started play sneezing to wake the girls up. His tactics are adapting. :(
Is your dog’s name Skynet?

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron