Dale Pierson commits

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
All of the JUCO's committing today will be expected to contribute right away and a lot of them also have a chance to start.

DE is the hardest position on the team to evaluate and recruit. Let's hope CPR found an impact player here.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Those three guys were never off the field unless it was garbage time or they got nicked up.

You are missing my point. They were never the only guys at their position groups on the field. Even if you have an ironman at Mike you still need a Will and Sam. Even if you have a strong safety on the field for every snap you still need a free safety. Even if one corner back never leaves the field you still need one on the other side. And if you read your post closely, you make another of my points yourself. Hint: look at the very end of your post.

I don't know why you are arguing this so vehemently. How can someone argue against depth that is ready to play? Perhaps if you have depth that is 1A rather than 2, you don't have to have 3 of your defenders play every single snap. Even if they are key, a little rest can make a big difference in the fourth quarter.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I know that a lot of us (me included) were excited about Trevon Young visiting, but I think that Pierson will be just as good, maybe even better right off the bat. Looking forward to seeing his video.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The sack about :25 into the video. Yikes. Poor QB probably was wondering if anybody got the license plate number of the bus that hit him.

Pierson shows good bull rush and twist moves, gets off his blocks well, even when held, and really operates well tackling out in space--he has a nose for the ball.

Every player looks all-world in their highlight videos, but I think Pierson is going to be good. Real good.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
In the Hudl video he shows versatility. He is lined up way outside in a 9-technique, most in a 5 or 6, then a few times at the 3-tech. Like the plays where he doesn't give up & makes a tackle well down field. Hopefully he plays with that kind of motor on every play as it is difficult to tell from highlights. Big thing is Rhoads is very pleased he's a Cyclone, therefore, I am happy he is as well.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
He had 11.5 sacks this year, he is the perfect pick up for the situation we are in. There is a reason why he is called the SackMamba (per twitter). I like the JUCO route that ISU uses to fill positions of need.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He had 11.5 sacks this year, he is the perfect pick up for the situation we are in. There is a reason why he is called the SackMamba (per twitter). I like the JUCO route that ISU uses to fill positions of need.
Well, I'd prefer to sign a Clowney or two, but I'll take what we can get.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
So are we looking at a starting front 4 of Morrisey, Coe, Irving, and Pierson next year? With Aka, Jensen (hopefully), Luna, Kron, and Cousins rotating in? I'm cool with that depth..

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
After seeing his picture. He joins jahvon miller on the reggie cleveland all star team

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron